Is surveillance of the small bowel indicated for Lynch syndrome families?
- Enteroscopy and Enteroclysis: The Combined Procedure. Cohen, Michael E.; Barkin, Jamie S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1989, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p1413
Presents a study which reports the effectiveness of the combination of enteroscopy and enteroclysis in examining the small intestine. Effect of the administration of glucagon on the radiographic studies; Information on the push enteroscopy technique; Importance of intubation to enteroclysis.
- Capsule endoscopy: the new gold standard for small bowel imaging? Sidhu, Reena; Sanders, David S.; Drew, Kaye; McAlindon, Mark E. // Gastrointestinal Nursing;Sep2008, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p16
Historically, the small bowel has been a difficult area to examine due to its anatomy, location and relative tortuosity. Conventional radiology, such as barium follow-through and enteroclysis, permit indirect examination of the small bowel, but has a low diagnostic yield particularly in the...
- Guidelines, predictive models needed to improve understanding of second primary malignancies. Volansky, Rob // Hem/Onc Today;4/25/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses second primary malignancies, a direct consequence of extended cancer survivorship, and the need for guidelines and risk prediction models to help target populations for screening and early detection of second primary malignancies.
- Screener's lament. Bland, Julia // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/16/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6642, p159
Focuses on the effects of screening to human health of individuals in London, England. Emphasis on central problem of screening; Purpose of screening to detect cancer; Risk factors of the disease.
- Skin-Cancer News That Could Save Your Life. Ruderman, Zoë // Cosmopolitan;Jul2009, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p200
This article lists skin cancer risk factors including having freckles on one's back, having a parent or sibling that had melanoma, and being blond or redheaded.
- Risk Factors for Metachronous Gastric Cancer in the Remnant Stomach After Early Cancer Surgery. Nozaki, Isao; Nasu, Junichirou; Kubo, Yoshiro; Tanada, Minoru; Nishimura, Rieko; Kurita, Akira // World Journal of Surgery;Jul2010, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1548
Early gastric cancer patients have a good prognosis after radical resection. However, if the patients have a gastric remnant after the surgery, the risk of metachronous gastric cancer remains. The aim of this study was to clarify the risk factors for metachronous gastric cancer after partial...
- CAPSULE ENDOSCOPY: INDICATIONS, EFFECTIVENESS AND INFLUENCE ON CLINICAL OUTCOME. de Silva, S.; Suggett, N.; Cockel, R.; Ismail, T.; Pathmakanthan, S. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA115
Background: Capsule endoscopy is a novel endoscopic technology allowing complete wireless examination of bowel previously beyond visualisation of push enteroscopy or enteroclysis. Aims and Methods: This study examined the indications for capsule endoscopy in an initial cohort from our practice...
- Clinical Utility of Double-Balloon Enteroscopy for Small Intestinal Bleeding. Takayoshi Suzuki; Masashi Matsushima; Ichiro Okita; Hiroyuki Ito; Seiho Gocho; Hiroyuki Tajima; Kayoko Tokiwa; Hiromichi Teraoka; Kenichi Watanabe; Takayuki Shirai; Tetsuya Mine // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Aug2007, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p1914
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Until the development of wireless capsule endoscopy (CE) and double-balloon enteroscopy (DBE), it was extremely difficult to examine the entire small intestine. To assess the usefulness of DBE for diagnosing suspected small intestinal bleeding, we retrospectively...
- Small Bowel Enteroscopy in 1988: Pros and Cons. Lewis, Blair S.; Waye, Jerome D. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1988, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p799
Endoscopic visualization of the small bowel is now feasible with a recently developed long, small-caliber, transnasal endoscope. Previously, with standard instru-ments, endoscopic views of the small intestine were limited to the most proximal and distal portions or required laparotomy and...