- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer. // Gut;Sep2007, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p1209
The article focuses on the significance of echocardiogram in treating patient with non-small-cell lung cancer. Echocardiogram demonstrates a pericardial effusion with cardiac tamponade. This could be attributed in ischaemic hepatitis (IH) and acute liver failure (ALF). Here, an emergency...
- Profound Hypocalcemia in Fulminant Hepatic Failure. Oswiecimski, Paul; Khan, Abdul; Salwan, Rajesh; Marshall, Roland; Berkelhammer, Charles // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2000, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p824
Discusses profound hypocalcemia in fulminant hepatic failure. Information on the case of a 71-year-old female smoker who developed profound hypocalcemia complicating fulminant hepatic failure due to small cell carcinoma of the lung; Explanation of fulminant hepatic failure caused by malignancy;...
- Game Changers. // Ulster Medical Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p69
The article presents insights from several physicians concerning various medical conditions. Doctor Ian Cadden discussed the use of rifaximin in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy (HE) and overt encephalopathy. Doctors Kathy Cullen and Tim Warke discussed the use of endobronchial...
- Felbamate and Liver Failure. // American Family Physician;2/1/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p549
Reports on the association of the drug felbamate with the risk of acute liver failure. Recommendation of the United States Food and Drug Administration that the drug remain available only for epileptics; Need for liver function tests prior to initiation of therapy.
- Acute Liver Failure. Lee, William M. // New England Journal of Medicine;12/16/93, Vol. 329 Issue 25, p1862
Highlights recent advances in the understanding and management of acute liver failure. Hepatic encephalopathy and coagulopathy; Statistics on the incidence of acute liver failure in the United States; Viral hepatitis and other causes; Clinical features; Partial list of drugs implicated in...
- Fulminant hepatic failure induced by lamotrigine. Makin, A.J.; Williams, Roger // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/29/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7000, p292
Reports on the case of a woman diagnosed with fulminant hepatic failure as a result of taking lamotrigine. Physiologic effect of lamotrigine; Findings of liver biopsy; Recommendation.
- Sevoflurane. // Reactions Weekly;3/20/2010, Issue 1293, p44
The article describes the case of fatal subacute liver failure in a 66-year-old woman following treatment with sevoflurane general anaesthesia twice in 25 days.
- Propylthiouracil/thiamazole. // Reactions Weekly;9/18/2010, Issue 1319, p40
The article describes the case of a 34-year-old woman who developed liver failure after receiving treatment with thiamazole and propylthiouracil for hyperthyroidism.
- The debrisoquine metabolic phenotype and DNA-based assays: implications of misclassification for the association of lung cancer and the debrisoquine metabolic phenotype Hoover, R.; Weston, A.; Sugimura, H.; Shields, P. G.; Caporaso, N. E.; Harris, C. C.; Landi, M. T.; Shaw, G. L.; Tucker, M. A. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Nov1992, Vol. 98, p101
No abstract available.