The Truth About Tankless
- Hot! Hot! Hot! Warwick, Peter // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 211, p46
The article offers information on different products used for heating water. Conventional water heaters function on energy sources like natural gas, oil, or electricity, and are cost-effective though less efficient than solar tank heaters because of the 15 to 20 percent heat loss of the former....
- Choosing a Domestic Hot-Water System. Gifford, Henry // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p70
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of indirect water heaters and direct-fired tank heaters. Effect of lime in the water on water heaters; Impact of the increase and decrease of heat on the energy efficiency of direct-fired water heater; Problems with separate water heaters.
- Fuel for the Fire. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Feb2011, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p48
The article offers information on tankless water heaters. It is believed that gas tankless water heaters are more effective than non-hybrid tanked heaters. The prerequisites of gas and electric tankless heaters are also explored. According to a spokesperson for Stiebel Eltron, electrics have the...
- With a conventional or solar water heater? Clitheroe, Paul // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2005, Issue 8, p20
Offers a look on the cost effectiveness of shifting from conventional water heating to solar power in Australia. Overview of the environmental issues attached to water heaters; Reasons of consumers for choosing conventional heaters over solar hot water heaters; Information on the environmental...
- Gas Tankless Water Heaters. Dieckmann, John; McKenney, Kurtis; Brodrick, James // ASHRAE Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p117
The article discusses the growing popularity of gas tankless water heaters in the U.S. It states that majority of the domestic hot water in the country are supplied either by storage and electric water heaters, however, both systems typically lost five to 10 percent efficiency depending on the...
- Mixing Valves Deliver Safe Water Temperatures. Grant, Paul // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Aug2005, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p70
Focuses on the use of mixing valve technology in regulating water temperatures supplied to plumbing fixtures. Factors to consider in utilizing the technology; Advantages of the technology; Factor that affects the effectiveness of a mixing valve; Types of mixing valve.
- Water heater kindles 30% energy savings. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jan2004, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p45
Focuses on the implication of using water heater by the Lancaster Tank and Truck Wash for the company's energy savings in the U.S. Decision to switch to Kemco's direct-contact heater; Statement of Eric Anderson, part owner of the firm; Contact information.
- Installing Indirect Water Heaters. Gifford, Henry // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Apr2004, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p61
Focuses on the basics of selecting, sizing and installing indirect water-heating tanks and pumps. Factors that need to be considered in installing indirect water heaters; Details of the sizes of pumps and tanks; Information on how to pump boiling water.
- Go Solar for FREE Hot Water. Ramlow, Bob // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2007, Issue 220, p27
This article discusses the advantages of investing in solar water heaters. Experts agree, a solar water heater is far and away the easiest initial investment in renewable energy. It is important to understand that solar water-heating systems have very low, sometimes zero, operating costs, and...