- Job-hunt treadmill. Potkewitz, Hilary // Crain's New York Business;4/13/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p21
The article focuses on the unemployment situation in New York City and how it has affected people. Since the recession started, the metro area is reported to have been unemployed for about 27 weeks, with the overall unemployment rate of the city rising to 8.1% in February 2009, losing 97,000...
- Indicators point to recovery, growth in 2012. Green, John W. // Northern Colorado Business Report;1/20/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p5A
The article focuses on the quarterly update in the economic data of Northern Colorado. It states that there is strong growth in the data of September and October and a reduction in the number of bankrupt companies. It mentions that the U.S. economy is not creating enough jobs for lowering the...
- Joblessness Hits 5-Year Low. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32405, p39
The article reports that joblessness in New York has hit a five-year low in May 2006. The statistics show that the unemployment figure has declined to 4.6 percent from 5.1 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis. The leading area for job growth is centered in new York City with an increase of 1.9...
- ECONOMIC SPOTLIGHT. // Crain's New York Business;7/28/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p22
Presents news related to the economic situation in New York City as of July 28, 2003. Decline in severe cases of lead poisoning in children; Decrease in the number of job losses in June as compared to May 2003; Rise in the hotel occupancy and room rate in the week ended July 19, 2003.
- INDICATOR. // People Management;4/3/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p82
This section offers updates on economic indicators of Great Britain as of April 2008. The country posted a decrease in the unemployment rate in January. Average earnings excluding bonus payments increased during the month. More than 45,000 jobs were created across the country's 21 key industries...
- ECONOMY & EMPLOYMENT. // Journal of Business (10756124);05/17/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p9
Presents several economic indicators in Spokane, Washington for the year 2000. Unemployment rate; Largest employers and manufacturers as of December 6, 2000; Fastest growing and declining occupations.
- Indicators…at-a-glance business data. // Personnel Today;11/14/2006, p54
The article presents information on the business indicators of Great Britain. The unemployment rate was 5.5% at the end of August 2006, up by 0.1 % over the quarter and up by 0.8% over the year. Online job recruitment activity and related employment opportunities slowed down in September 2006....
- ECONOMIC SPOTLIGHT. // Crain's New York Business;11/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p50
Presents economic indicators of New York as of November 10, 2003. Rise in construction contracts in September 2003; Rate of unemployment for the period; Percentage increase in hotel occupancy rates for the week ended September 25, 2003.
- Personnel Today's at-a-glance business data. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;5/20/2003, p46
Presents a chart representing business indicators of Great Britain as of May 20, 2003. Percentage decline in Retail Price Index in March 2003; Increase in number of people claiming unemployment benefits; Percentage of jobs gained or lost in the fourth quarter of 2002, compared to 2003.