PEOPLE & POSTS
- How can I change sector? Deeprose, Paul; Roberts, Susy; Mills, Corinne // People Management;Sep2011, p66
The article presents questions and answers related to changing the career of a human resource business partner in the charity sector and enhancing one's skills for a new sector.
- Career Transition. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/25/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p12
The article presents information on career transition of Thomas Biljan, who is currently an agency manager at Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan. Earlier he had worked as human resources manager for Continental Plastics Co. and AZ Automotive Corp. Biljan says that in the auto industry, employees...
- Off the beaten path. Pickard, Jane // People Management;5/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p15
Forecasts changes in human resource (HR) career patterns caused by outsourcing discussed at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's round-table debate in Great Britain. Transition of HR director's role from heading a department to facilitating change and managing relationships;...
- "The show always goes on around here". // People Management;Aug2014, p47
The author reflects on her experience working in human resources (HR) and her role as head of HR at the Royal Albert Hall event venue in London, England. She discusses changing careers from family lawyer to HR, the many occupations found at the event venue, and the transition from paper-based...
- Yardstick. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p58
Focuses on the factors influencing the salary of employees from the personnel departments in Great Britain. Level of inflation; Rate of unemployment; Balance between the job gained and job lost.
- Reality check of your paycheck. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Jun97, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p8
Notes an increase in salaries for senior-level human resource department positions in 1996.
- How to have clout on Capitol Hill. Pantazis, Cynthia // Training & Development;Apr98, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p51
Tells how human resource professionals can make their views known and influence lawmakers in the United States. Ways to inform Congress about the problems, issues and practical aspects of proposed legislation; Importance of information to any advocacy effort; Demonstrating the connection...
- WHATEVER HAPPENED TO PERSONNEL? Hayes, James L. // Industrial Management;Feb74, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p13
Comments on the realities of the function of the personnel officer. Basic patterns for extensive welfare services, minimum wages and better working conditions; Way to make company presidents interested in the social and psychological need of the employees; Characterization of the personnel man.
- HRCI To Offer Global HR Certification In 2004. McConnell, Beth // HR Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p115
Announces the global human resource certification offered by the Human Resource Certification Institute. Sponsors of the certification examination; Background on the institute; Trend in international certification.