OUR HR COLUMNIST
- How to hire an interior designer. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/16/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p18
Provides tips on how to hire an interior designer. Consideration of some questions that an interior designer will ask regarding the project; Conduction of interviews with several designers to become familiar with differences in personality, style and business methods; Questions to be asked...
- All the Right Questions. Bayne, Clive // Business Mexico;Feb2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p17
Presents a reference guide for selecting possible employees and discusses some useful insights into effectively interviewing and selecting the right people. Importance of job profile in interviews; Topics that need to be considered in the job profile; Steps in the selection process.
- Hire a winner! Roche, Jerry // Landscape Management;Apr94, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p30
Stresses the importance of the hiring procedures and the need to hire the right prospective employees. Innovative strategies in hiring; Five factors which contribute to hiring the right people. INSET: Effective interviewing techniques..
- Going Global Career & Employment Resource Guide for Belgium - Interviewing Advice. // Belgium Career Guide;2007, p118
Each Going Global country career guide contains country-specific information to help new graduates, entry, and professional-level jobseekers establish an international career or find a job at home and abroad. Guides include: online job sites, job fairs, staffing agencies, recruiters,...
- Perceived and Preferred Interviewer Characteristics in Selection Interview. Marzuki, Najib Ahmad // Asian Social Science;Jan2014, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p165
Perceptions of interviewer characteristics signify the validity and reliability of selection procedures. Personality characteristics of the interviewer such as personableness, skills and competency, questioning manner and job information may be perceived differently in different situations. This...
- Don't ask my age. Yeung, Rob // Accountancy;Feb2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1314, p46
The article focuses on various interviewing rules that should be followed. Many interviewers recruit in their own image, choosing people with similar backgrounds or personal interests rather than possibly better, but dissimilar, candidates. To add to the confusion, interviewers need to be...
- Spot the 'Walking Lawsuit' Before You Hire Them. Hoffman, Chris // San Diego Business Journal;2/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p17
Provides tips in preventing the hiring employees who has potential to bring forth employment lawsuits. Importance of checking the resumes; Advantage of an aggressive interview questions; Legality of pre-employment drug screens.
- The fine art of interviewing. O'Brien // BusinessWest;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p18
Highlights the importance of interviewing in companies' efforts to find and keep qualified workers. Interviewing as a complicated skill; Behavioral interviewing; Impetus for more and better interviewing strategies; Expected savings in terms of time, money and aggravation.
- CAREER PATHS. First Impressions Matter Especially in an Interview: SIX COMMON MISTAKES HIRING MANAGERS SHOULD AVOID IN THEIR SEARCH FOR THE BEST TALENT. TOLAN, TIM // Healthcare Informatics;Jan2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p48
The article discusses several mistakes to be avoided by hiring managers to be able to give a good first impression when potential employees visit their facility for their on-site interview. Hiring managers are advised to make sure that the interview is on their schedule. It is suggested that...