TOPPED WITH SATISFACTION
- PizzaExpress' Forum success. Perkins, Steve // Leisure & Hospitality Business;2/7/2002, p15
Reports on how restaurant chain operator PizzaExpress maintains staff quality as a central element of its business success. Policy of employing friendly and efficient staff; Forum that allows top management and staff to interact on a regular basis.
- JULIE MACDONALD. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/10/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4657, p24
An interview with human resource (HR) director, Julie MacDonald is presented. When asked why she thinks PizzaExpress Ltd. decide to overhaul its restaurants, MacDonald states that PizzaExpress Ltd. restaurants may have lost their edge which is why an overhaul is required. When asked about the...
- WHAT'S THE WORST PART OF YOUR JOB? // Managing People at Work;Nov2011, Issue 356, p5
The author calls on managers to share what their worst part of their job, if it is about firing people, conducting performance appraisals or disciplining troublemakers.
- EXPERT'S VIEW: TERRY GILLEN ON APPRAISALS. // Personnel Today;7/8/2003, p25
The article presents author's view on performance appraisals. Appraisal training focuses on the formal processes and documentation and not on day-to-day performance management skills. Feedback and performance development is part of their day-to-day management style. They see themselves as a...
- Engagement: Beware of the squeezed middle. // Works Management;Nov2013, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p16
The article focuses on the management of employees in a Great Britain company and emphasize on the strategy to manage the disengaged ones to increase the number of quality performers.
- Here's my advice for your regular performance evaluations: 'Stop it'. Lookadoo, Russell // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/8/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p11
The article discusses a cycle of performance management which can be used by the senior management team to replace the employee performance evaluation and mentions topics including the establishment of clear expectations and the importance of providing timely and accurate feedback.
- Are performance reviews dead? Smolkin, Sheryl // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;12/8/2015, p1
Companies such as Eli Lilly, Lucix and General Electric are rebranding their performance management systems and ditching more customary annual or semi-annual reviews in favor of more frequent informal supervisor/employee meetings.
- Are Bad Managers Holding Back Your Best Talent? Behrens, Alfredo // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;4/23/2015, p2
The article advises companies to hold accountable those managers who are using employee evaluation systems to keep talented workers in their departments and prevent them from getting promoted by giving them low ratings or by giving incompetent employees high ratings so they can be transferred.
- Pizza Express drops Cafï¿½ Pasta in favour of Marzano brand. // Marketing Week (01419285);2/13/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p7
Reports on Pizza Express PLC's closure of its Cafe Pasta chain restaurant in Great Britain. Restaurant format that replaced the Cafe Pasta chain; Pizza Express' investments in the refurbishment of its restaurants.