WHY A FAIR RESULT IS STILL IN QUESTION
- Equal measures. Leue, Michael // Lawyer;11/12/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p33
The article reports on the importance of the Equal Treatment Act in Germany. It notes that the German Federal Parliament passed the controversial law on June 29, 2006 and came into force on August 18, 2006 and amended on October 19, 2006 to correct inconsistencies on the European Union Race and...
- Time for an honest and open debate? King, Vivien // Access by Design;Summer2009, Issue 119, p6
The article focuses on how the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) is being interpreted in Great Britain. Accordingly, it examines on what the promises made by the government before the implementation of the DDA in 1995. It then explores on whether the indirect discrimination provision of the...
- Launch of the Equality Bill. // Access by Design;Summer2009, Issue 119, p2
The article reports on the launching of the Equality Bill in Great Britain. It states that the bill was published on April 27, 2009 and most of its provisions will be implemented in Autumn 2010. It aims to simplify the previous equality law and will replace nine major pieces of equality...
- The age-old battle for equality goes on. Hartley // Personnel Today;2/24/2004, p14
This article focuses on the author's views on equality. Currently, he is working his way through it to ensure his organisation is ready to comply with the laws governing all forms of discrimination. So far, he is happy to say he hasn't discovered any huge discrepancies of pay between the...
- Dispatch: ASPEN PASSES RIGHTS ORDINANCE. // Advocate;1/25/78, Issue 233, p8
Reports on a strong human rights ordinance passed in Aspen, Colorado, forbidding discrimination in various areas, on the basis of different factors.
- legal news for supervisors. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;
The article presents news briefs related to court cases including Johnson v. STRIVE East Harlem, White v. Dana Light Axle Manufacturing, and New Jersey's amendment to its Law Against Discrimination.
- Understanding the Civil Rights Act of 1991. Naidoff, Caren E.I. // Management Review;Apr92, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p58
Presents an overview of the provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1991. Effect on federal discrimination laws; Objectives of the Act; Amendments of civil rights laws.
- Formula 209. Eastland, Terry // American Spectator;Jan1997, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p58
Reports on California voters' approval of Proposition 209, the California Civil Rights Initiative (CCRI), which prohibits government-sponsored race- and sex-based discrimination. CCRI's provisions; American Civil Liberties Union's (ACLU) lawsuit filed against CCRI.
- Taking Stock (1967). // Left Out: The Politics of Exclusion: Essays 1964-2002;2002, p161
The article discusses the author's view on racial equality between Negroes and Whites and the need for strong enforcement of egalitarian legislation to curb racial discrimination. The author relates that integration of Negroes in White-dominated communities is being fiercely opposed due to...