'Flexicurity' is key to Europe
- A Sustainability Perspective on Flexible HRM: How to Cope with Paradoxes of Contingent Work. Kozica, Arjan; Kaiser, Stephan // Management Revue;2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p239
Based on a sustainability perspective we offer a research framework that allows discussion of the relationship between positive and negative effects of flexible HRM. Sustainability, as an umbrella concept, aims to integrate three perspectives: economy, ecology and society. The relationships...
- HR MATTERS. Edwards, Gareth // Credit Management;Dec2015, p43
The article discusses the need for employers to fully document any decisions regarding their employees. Particular focus is given to the ruling by the European Court of Justice in the court case JoÃ£o Filipe Ferreira da Silva e Brito and Others v. Estado portuguÃªs that a business which has...
- How to: avoid making staff redundant. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/15/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4610, p50
The article offers tips on how to promote job security and avoid reducing employees including the approach of redeploying employees to other parts of business, cutting bonuses, and overtime reduction.
- Fall Takes HR Pros, SHRM Back to School. // HR Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p159
This article presents information on the Society for Human Resource Management 2006 Strategic HR Conference to be held at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Arizona from October 4 to 6, 2006.
- Conference of the week... Integrating learning with business needs. // Personnel Today;6/9/2009, p4
The article offers information on a conference related to personnel management, which will be held on July 12, 2009.
- Labor-Management Conference Draws Crowd. McConnell, Michael // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/8/2002, Vol. 215 Issue 15, p10
Highlights the Labor-Management Partnership Conference in the U.S. Total number of participants; Comparison of the relationship between labor management to marriage; Strategy of the union leaders.
- ATTN: WHOLESALERS, REPS. // Supply House Times;Mar2006, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information about the Innovative Thingking Conference on hiring, training and retention to be held at the Emerald Pointe Resort in Lake Lanier Island, Georgia on June 12-13, 2006.
- CIPD BRANCH DIARY. // People Management;12/4/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p50
Presents a list of events such as conventions for Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development members as of December 2003.
- SOURCE OF DEBATE. Robinson, Vanessa // People Management;12/29/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p47
The article offers information on a conference from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development about its latest research into human resources outsourcing which will be held in London, England on February 8, 2006.