FAMILY VIOLENCE IN ASIAN COMMUNITIES, COMBINING RESEARCH AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- "help! my boyfriend never pays". Metz, Lauren // Seventeen;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p128
The article presents the advice of three readers on how to deal with boyfriends who never pay whenever they go out on a date with their girlfriends. One reader says the girl could drop hints like refusing to go on a date because of short money supply. Another reader points out that a girl should...
- Couples. Tarshis, Lauren // Scholastic Choices;Mar95, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on falling in love and maintaining serious relationships among teenagers in the United States. Benefits of falling in love; Description of couples; Steps and skills to develop to create healthy relationships; Understanding of emotions; Ability to deal with problems. INSETS: Going solo,...
- dear answer boy. // Seventeen;Apr2001, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p86
Answers several questions related to teenage relationships. How to initiate a relationship with a guy; What guys mean when they say that a girl is not their type.
- Pampering Your Relationship. Gandy, Debrena Jackson // Heart & Soul;Feb2001, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p70
Offers advice to women on how to improve a man-woman relationship.
- THINGS WE THINK WE'VE FIGURED OUT. // Esquire;Mar2010, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p131
The article presents a list of "things we think we've figured out," including the art of entrances and exits, tips on buying an engagement ring, and easy answers for common questions like "do you like what I'm wearing?" and "Do I look fat in this?"
- THE EBONY ADVISOR. // Ebony;Jan1988, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p50
The article presents questions and answers related to relationship problems which include whether a woman should meet with an acquaintance who will soon be out of prison, and how an unmarried woman should deal with the violent father of her child whom she is staying with.
- The Relationship Between Birth Predictedness and Violence During Pregnancy Among Women in La Paz and El Alto, Bolivia. McCarraher, Donna; Bailey, Patricia; Martin, Sandra // Maternal & Child Health Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p101
Objectives: The main objectives were to estimate the prevalence of predicted and unpredicted last births using a prospective approach and to estimate the prevalence of violence during the last pregnancy. In addition, the relationship between birth predictedness and violence during pregnancy was...
- CASH CLUES. // Cleo;Sep2002, Issue 359, p68
Provides tips on how a woman can evaluate the personal finances of a man.
- It's Not All About the Benjamins. Samuel, Anslem // Essence (Time Inc.);Oct2009, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p90
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of financial hardship and its impact on building relationships with women.