JAIL MUMS: THE STATUS OF ADULT FEMALE PRISONERS AMONG YOUNG FEMALE PRISONERS IN CHRISTCHURCH WOMEN'S PRISON
- Why being a man is harder than ever. Benjamin, Raphael // Cosmopolitan;Jul93, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on the problems faced by men with the advent of feminism. Rules of the dating game; Getting along with a female boss; Deprivation of gestures of love; Male stereotypes.
- TILLIE the TOILER. WESTOVER, RUSS // Good Old Days;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p82
The comicstrip â€œTillie the Tolier" is presented.
- A COMPARISON OF FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH PAST USE, PROJECTED USE, AND PERCEIVED COMMUNITY NEED FOR HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES. Keith, Pat M. // Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare;Sep1978, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p693
Life change, political, and demographic factors associated with past use, projected use, and perceived community needs for services by the aged were examined. Data were derived from interviews conducted with men and women 65 or over in a midwestern community. life changes were more useful in...
- Battle of the Sexes Part II. Dolgoff, Stephanie; Varian, Nanette // Glamour;Oct99, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p197
Argues that some men are using feminism as an excuse not to treat women as well as they should. List of the common rude male comments disguised as feminist thinking.
- RODNE RAZLIKE I PREDIKTORI PARTNERSKOG NASILJA U MLADENACKIM VEZAMA. Ajdukovic, Dean; L�w, Ajana; Su�ac, Nika // Ljetopis Socijalnog Rada / Annual of Social Work;2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p527
A sample of 623 third-grade students coming from 14 high-schools from different regions of Croatia was used in order to establish how widespread and frequent occurrences of violence in romantic relationships are and the possibility of its prediction using variables that can be connected with...
- Beyond Power and Control: Clinical Interventions with Men Engaged in Partner Abuse. Aymer, Samuel // Clinical Social Work Journal;Dec2008, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p323
Within the context of agency practice, most programs for abusive men are informed by the Duluth Model, suggesting that male violence against women is influenced by the dictates of patriarchy and sexism. Accordingly, this model promotes the importance of educational groups, which aim to debunk...
- Feminist Attitudes and Support for Gender Equality: Opinion Change in Women and Men, 1974-1998. Bolzendahl, Catherine I.; Myers, Daniel J. // Social Forces;Dec2004, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p759
This article examines attitudes related to feminism and gender equality by evaluating the trends in, and determinants of, women and men's attitudes from 1974 to 1998. Past accounts suggest two clusters of explanations based on interests and exposure. Using these, we examine opinions on abortion,...
- "Looks Maketh the Man": The Female Gaze and the Construction of Masculinity. Goddard, Kevin // Journal of Men's Studies;Fall2000, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p23
The article examines the influence of the female gaze on the construction of masculinity. The feminist movement long ago pointed out the power of the male gaze on the way women perceive themselves and allow themselves to be perceived by men and other women. The rise of the men's movement has led...
- Reflections A Look in the Mirror: Part B: The State of Our Movement: Bisexual Women, Feminist Politics. Bower, Tamara; Tucker, Naomi // Bisexual Politics: Theories, Queries & Visions;1995, p99
The article comments on the oppression faced by women including bisexual women and lesbians due to male supremacy. It asserts that gay, lesbian and bisexual movements should not be dominated by the gay and bisexual men who are unconcerned or hostile to feminism. It explains the connection...