ANALYSTS STILL BULLISH ON NEWS CORP
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p177
Reports developments in television broadcasting in the United States as of June 2001. Expansion of program-access laws; Appointment of Bill Brand as Vice-President of reality programming for Lifetime Television; Acquisition of News Corp.'s fox branded and cable networks by Tricon Global...
- Feevees Telepiu, Stream prepare to flow together. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;04/24/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 39, p7
Reports that Vivendi Universal SA and News Corp. are expected to merge their Italian digital pay television platforms Telepiu and Stream. Planned ownership shares.
- Star, Disney pact. Pearson, Bryan // Daily Variety;12/2/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 43, p11
This article reports that Rupert Murdoch's Star has inked a multiyear deal with Walt Disney Television Intl. Asia Pacific to distribute Disney Channel and Toon Disney Channel in India.
- Vivendi U, News talk pay TV deal. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;04/10/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 30, p8
Reports that Vivendi Universal and News Corp. have confirmed that are in talks to merge their pay television platforms, Telepiu and Stream.
- News Corp. revamps star TV India division. Gupta, S.P. // Electronic Media;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p23
Reports on News Corp.'s reorganization of its Star TV operations in India. Creation of a direct-to-home (DTH) division; Appointment of R. Basu as executive chairman; Dismissal of several executives; Overview on the financial losses of Star TV.
- Star connects dot-coms. Groves, Don // Variety;05/29/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 2, p63
Offers a look at several strategic alliances formed by News Corporation's Star TV. Amount committed by James Murdoch, co-chairman of Star, to buy stakes in some media companies; Rivals of Star TV; Plans of Star TV for broadband service across Asia; Forecast on cable televisions in India.
- FX TUBTHUMPING FOR ITSELF. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/12/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 55, p2
The article reports on the planned advertising campaign by News Corp.-owned FX cable television network in the U.S. The campaign unveiled by president-general manager John Landgraf is set to launch late December 2007 that will include a 60-second spot during Fox's February telecast of the Super...
- Sly Fox move to generate buzz. Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;10/2/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 40, p40
This article reports on the ratings success achieved by Fox News during its interview with former U.S. President Bill Clinton in September 2006. The interview was done for Fox's Sunday morning show with reporter Chris Wallace, and the News Corp. network made sure to plug it heavily leading up to...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.