CMT Puts Pedal to the Metal for 'Dale' Flick
- TERESA EARNHARDT: REMEMBERING DALE. Dodd, Johnny // People;2/19/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p32
This article presents an interview with Teresa Earnhardt, widow of the late Dale Earnhardt. Teresa shares her memories of the NASCAR legend in the documentary "Dale," which will tour theaters in February 2007 before airing on CMT in the fall. Article topics include why Teresa got involved with...
- NEWMAN'S DEFINING ROLES. Rozen, Leah // People;10/13/2008, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p60
The article lists several of actor Paul Newman's motion picture roles, including an amoral son in conflict with his strict father in "Hud," a jailhouse rebel in "Cool Hand Luke," and a bank robber in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."
- Paul Newman. TA // Entertainment Weekly;8/13/93, Issue 183, p45
Profiles actor Paul Newman. Honest detachment as essential characteristic; Persona's resistance to change as his face; Portrayal of film roles. INSET: Untitled (recommended films)..
- America's own. Ansen, David; Kuflik, Abigail // Newsweek;12/19/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 25, p56
Profiles actor Paul Newman, near 70, who has appeared in over 50 films. His latest motion picture, `Nobody's Fool'; How his persona overwhelms the characters he plays; Why Newman's appeal has never faded; His professionalism; His off-screen world.
- The Outdoor Life/Cool Hand Luke Connection. // Outdoor Life;Sep2008, Vol. 215 Issue 8, p14
A photograph of the actor Paul Newman in the film "Cool Hand Luke," in which he played as a prisoner who was thrown back into prison upon being recaptured and beaten after his second escape attempt is presented.
- White Way to salute Newman. Kilday, Gregg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/3/2008, Vol. 406 Issue 41, p1
The article offers information on the salute to former Hollywood actor Paul Newman in Los Angeles, California. It states that Broadway's marquees will go for an eight minutes dim on the night of October 3, 2008 in memory of the actor. According to the article, although Newman died at the age of...
- Paul Newman. Kehoe, John // Biography;Mar1999, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p124
Profiles actor Paul Newman. Private-label food line; Career in film acting and directing; Interest in automobile racing.
- BATTLER BACK IN RING. Hofler, Robert // Daily Variety;11/8/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 49, p5
Reports the acquisition of Paul Newman for the Graziano role in 'The Battler'. Production of the Hotchner's 'The World of Nick Adams'; Participation of many stars; Incidence of James Dean death.
- Blue-eyed soul. Friedman, Roberto // Bay Area Reporter;10/2/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p22
The article focuses on the death of actor Paul Newman, and the films where he starred in.