TWC Rolls Out ESPNU
- Still Entertaining. // CableFAX Daily;2/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p2
The article reports that television channel Court TV has always been on the low-cost basic tier of television network Time Warner Cable-New York City as insisted by the company on January 30, 2006.
- Time Warner First With Family Tier. Umstead, Tom // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p1
The article reports on the family tier of programming to be offered by Time Warner Cable. The channels represent the attempt of Time Warner to respond to indecent television programming.
- Time Warner First In a Family Way. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p3
The article reports on the creation of a family friendly tier of cable television service by Time Warner Cable in response to indecent television programming. The family tier programming, however, was criticized by the Parents Television Council. The service would also be costly to consumers....
- Family tier launches. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/16/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 57/58, p6
The article reports that Time Warner Cable has set up the Family Choice Tier, a collection of 15 cable networks, including the Disney Channel and the Weather Channel, that will be available to all of Time Warner's digital customers. A Time Warner spokesman said no renegotiations had to take...
- Start Over Stats:. // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p1
Reports on the performance of the Start Over service of Time Warner Cable from January to March 2006. Plan of Time Warner to expand the service; Popular networks viewed over the service.
- LIN Stations Pulled From Time Warner Systems. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;10/6/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p4
The article reports that LIN TV has pulled the signal for its local stations from Time Warner Cable (TWC) systems in 11 markets after retransmission-consent negotiations failed. Both sides are urging viewers to get broadcast programming from other sources. TWC is giving out antennae and...
- Moving Beyond Local News. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;6/12/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p21
Deals with the expansion of local cable news channels in the U.S. Number of local cable news channels of News 12 Networks; Reason for the popularity of cable news in the market; Consolidation of the editorial operations of Time Warner Cable.
- Cable op owners on the run. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;5/7/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 12, p29
The article discusses some of the challenges facing the cable industry, such as changing ownership and the addition of programming and technology services like video on demand (VOD). The article mentions The Cable Show, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's (NCTA) annual operator...
- Time for Nets to Restore Some Faith. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;5/18/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 20, p8
The article focuses on the need among broadcast networks to make some converts due to their faith problem. According to the article, networks have an important need to prove that they can still launch new hits. It is stated that many prognosticators think that the upfront marketplace will...