GUIDE TO HDTV PROGRAMMING SUMMER 2007
- HDTV: Is Now the Best Time to Buy? Arar, Yardena // PCWorld;Aug2006, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p35
The author reflects on factors involved in deciding when to move to high-definition TV (HDTV). She asserts that if you buy an HDTV without considering the implications of transitioning from your existing analog gear, you may be in for a big letdown. You can rent cable boxes containing built-in...
- Raising the HD Bar: BOTTOM LINE. // Communications Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p17
The article reports that the growth of high definition (HD) television and its accelerating adoption is reshaping the cable/telecommunication/satellite competitive environment in the U.S. Its quality of service paradigm and customer expectations are also improving. Driven by the promise to...
- What's on HDTV. Wilcox, James K. // Sound & Vision;Nov2005, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p86
This article provides information on several high-definition television channels in the U.S. offered by cable television companies, broadcast-related Web resources and satellite receivers.
- HDTV-a-Go-Go. // Communications Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
Presents opinion on the development of high-definition television (HDTV). Problems on the HDTV development; Need for reasonably priced consumer devices; Competition via the direct broadcast satellite operations.
- Beyond Hi-Def. Quain, John R. // Popular Mechanics;Oct2006, Vol. 183 Issue 10, p84
The article presents information on an imminent technological revolution that will change the use of high-definition television. Hundreds of channels were received at once by the average cable or satellite television set-top box today. Internet Protocol TV uses the Internet to stream both live...
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;7/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p57
Presents news briefs related to the cable TV industry in the U.S. as of July 11, 2005. Addition of free high definition television programming by Shaw Communications Inc.; Decision of Avis Rent-a-Car Inc. to equip the Hummer H3 sport utility wagons with DirecTV Inc. direct-broadcast satellite...
- Sensing Angst Behind the Confidence. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p3A
Uncovers the challenges faced by cable operators in the U.S. in 2004. Price dispute with digital subscriber lin providers; Competition posed by direct broadcast satellite operators; Market outlook for high definition television.
- SATELLITE SERVICES. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p19
The article focuses on the video-on-demand offerings proposed by broadcast satellite services providers DirecTV Inc. and Echostar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network to compete with cable television providers in the U.S. DirecTV has proposed to launch its video-on-demand download service called...
- ECHOSTAR PREPARES TO PLUNGE INTO HD. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p35
The article reports on the introduction of high definition (HD) television packages by satellite operator Echostar. This will enable Echostar to deliver a total of more than 25 national HD channels, including new additions ESPN2 HD and Universal HD as well as five Voom networks, up from about 18...