Time Warner, Cisco Push HDTV
- TiVo Settles Patent Claims for $490M. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;6/10/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p2
The article reports that TiVo Inc., a digital video recorder company in New York has settled patent litigations with Google Inc.'s Motorola Mobility unit, Cisco Systems, and Time Warner Cable Inc. It informs that Google will pay 490 million dollars to settle the litigation. It states that TiVo...
- BOB BENYA. // Communications Technology;Nov2008 Communications Executive, p9
An interview with Bob Benya, senior vice president for video product strategy of Time Warner Cable Inc., is presented. When asked on the extent of switched digital video leveraging of their on-demand infrastructure, he refers to the lot of fittings to make it more cost effectives. Benya states...
- Time Warner Cable: The Future is Now. O'Loughlin, Sandra // Brandweek;2/12/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p27
The article discusses Time Warner Cable's marketing campaign for new technologies. The company displayed their new technologies at their "Home to the Future," which was a four-story interactive exhibit built inside the Time Warner Center at New York City's Columbus Circle. Inside the exhibition...
- TIME WARNER CABLE LAUNCHES REMOTE DVR MANAGER FOR DESERT CITIES MARKET. // Public Record (0744205X);10/26/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p3
The article reports on the launch of the Remote Digital Video Recorders (DVR) Manager of Time Warner Cable Inc. for their customers in desert cities market.
- Time Warner Cable Testing Digital Recorder. Zitrin, Richard // MediaWeek;10/21/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p9
Presents information on a digital video recording (DVR) device from Time Warner Cable. Details of the test conducted by the company for the DVR on television viewers in Rochester, New York City; Amount paid by television viewers per month for renting the device; Features of the DVR.
- TIME WARNER ROLLS VoIP IN MAINE. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);5/26/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p12
Reports on the move of Time Warner Cable to launch Voice over Internet Protocol service to its high-speed data customers in Portland, Maine. Number of customers of the service; Reliance of the service on equipment from Cisco Systems; Planned launch of an advertising campaign for the service.
- CABLE PLAYERS TAP VENDORS FOR VOIP SERVICE ROLLOUTS. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;6/2/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p17
Reports on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s announcement that it would use Cisco Systems Inc.'s equipment in its first commercial roll-out of voice-over Internet protocol service in Portland, Oregon. Marketing of Time Warner's Digital Phone as a primary line replacement; Multiple systems operators'...
- Time Warner Cable Promotes Reading. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p36
Focuses on the marketing strategy of the Time Warner Cable's Los Angeles division in California. Promotion of the 'Time 2 Count Reading' initiative; Efficacy of the strategy; Prize involved in the initiative.
- TWC Wants More Samsung Boxes. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p26
The article reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) has signed a letter of commitment for the continued development, purchase and deployment of Tru2way set-top boxes from Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Under the agreement, TWC will distribute Samsung set-tops like SMT-H3090 and SMT-H3270...