"A good man is hard to find": The Proverb
- READING THE MAP IN 'A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND' Bryant, Hallman B. // Studies in Short Fiction;Summer81, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p301
Provides several criticisms in the short story 'A Good Man Is Hard to Find,' by Flannery O'Connor. Reasons for choosing the route in family travels as a theme of the story; Description about the Atlanta family; Identification about O'Connor's materialistic and humanistic thoughts.
- "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" O'Connor, Flannery // Atlanta;Mar2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p116
The article presents the short story "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor.
- Six Illustrations of "A Good Man Is Hard to Find". Brawner, Dan // Flannery O'Connor Review;2009, Vol. 7, p35
Several photographs are presented depicting the illustration of the short story "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor.
- Misfit as Metaphor: The Question and the Contradiction of Lupus in Flannery O'Connor's "A Good Man Is Hard to Find". Horner, Carl S. // Disability Studies Quarterly;Fall2005, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p13
The article examines the question and the contradiction of lupus in the short story A Good Man Is Hard to Find, by Flannery O'Connor. Scholars of O'Connor's life and literature have questioned why a devout Catholic would create such a violent and self-contradictory figure as the Misfit in...
- Literary Contexts in Short Stories: Flannery O'Connor's "A Good Man is Hard to Find". Bouchard, Jennifer // Literary Contexts in Short Stories: Flannery O'Connor's 'A Good ;Apr2008, p1
The short story "A Good Man is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor depicts a family of obnoxious, ungrateful adults and children on route to Florida for a vacation. Along the way they get into an accident and encounter a dangerous criminal. As they are forced to face their own mortality, the...
- Reading Flannery O'Connor with Buddha Eyes: Constructing Grace. Gessell, Donna // Eureka Studies in Teaching Short Fiction;Spring2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p54
The article analyzes the short story "A Good Man is Hard to Find," by Flannery O'Connor. The author says that although the short story presents a Catholic view, it can also be taught to illustrate key concepts of Buddhism. It explores the characters in the story such as The Misfit, who has a...
- "Someone to Shoot Her Every Minute of Her Life": Maternity and Violent Death in Helena MarÃa Viramontes and Flannery O'Connor. Hewitt, Avis // Flannery O'Connor Review;
The article discusses the connections of maternity and violent death in Helena Maria Viramontes story "The Cariboo Cafe" and Flannery O'Connor's "A Good Man is Hard to Find." It cites that these two stories of maternal shootings are found in contemporary literature anthologies as the most...
- Flannery O'Connor's Testimony: The Pressure of Glory. Scott Jr., Nathan A. // Added Dimension;1978, p138
The author comments on the works of author Flannery O'Connor. He said that her two novels "Wise Blood" and "The Violent Bear It Away" and her two collections of stories "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" and "Everything That Rises Must Converge" offer radical kinds of moral judgment into the service...
- Flannery O'Connor's "Spoiled Prophet". Hendricks, T. W. // Modern Age;Summer/Fall2009, Vol. 51 Issue 3/4, p202
A literary criticism of the short story "A Good Man Is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor is presented. It examines the characters of the Misfit and the Grandmother, particularly the Misfit as a prophet. An overview of the story is included. The themes of faith, sin and humanity's relationship...