TITLE

PROCESSOR BRIEFS

PUB. DATE
August 2007
SOURCE
Plastics News;8/20/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p10
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article offers news briefs related to various companies. Mexichem SA de CV will appeal regulators' denial of its proposal to take over Colombian plastic pipe company Pavco SA. Plastic bottler Alpla of Iowa Inc. is planning plans to expand the capacity of one of its buildings in the coming year. Fiberglass composite manufacturer Stahlin Non-Metallic Enclosures has recently boosted its capacity by adding two 400-ton Greenerd hydraulic compression molding presses.
ACCESSION #
26387429

 

Related Articles

  • Mexichem buys again: Argentina's Dripsa.  // Plastics News;2/18/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p12 

    The article reports that Mexican PVC and specialty chemicals maker Mexichem SA de CV has acquired Argentine irrigation equipment manufacturer Dripsa SRL. The deal was done through a newly created subsidiary called Mexichem Soluciones Agricolas. In a new release, Mexichem said the Dripsa...

  • Mexico firm acquires Bayshore. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;3/20/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p3 

    This article reports that Bayshore Vinyl Compounds Inc., an independent PVC compounder and recycler, has been sold to Mexican PVC and specialty chemicals maker Mexichem for $16 million. The actual selling price for Tennent, New Jersey-based Bayshore will be slightly higher, based on future...

  • BUY TIME. Rueda, Marisol // Latin Trade (English);Jul2007, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p58 

    The article reports that Mexichem, the Mexican chemical and petroleum products manufacturer, aims high across Latin America. In March 2007, Mexichem paid $200 million for Petroquímica Colombiana. With this deal, Mexichem increased its chlorovinyl production capacity by more than 80%. The same...

  • Mexichem awaits ruling from antitrust agency.  // Plastics News;2/22/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p10 

    The article reports that according to resin producer Mexichem SAB de CV, it hopes that Mexico's antitrust authority will approve its acquisition of a rival plastic pipe maker and a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin producer by the end of March 2010. The Federal Competition Commission (CFC) had...

  • Mexichem purchases Peru geotextiles unit.  // Plastics News;7/21/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p22 

    The article reports that Mexichem SAB de CV has acquired the geotextiles operation of Comindustrias del Perú Co., a Peru-based company. Mexichem has not given any financial details about the deal in its June 11, 2008 filing with the Mexican Stock Exchange. It has also made a deal to sell its...

  • In Brief.  // Plastics Technology;May2006, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p117 

    Presents international news briefs related to the plastics industries. Addition of a twin-screw compounding line Ampacet Corporation's plant in Heath, Ohio; Acquisition of compounding extruder supplier Buss AG by Swiss investor Fabrel Lotos and Buss Management; Acquisition of Bayshore Vinyl by...

  • Mexichem purchases Plastubo. Downer, Stephen // Plastics News;2/4/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p9 

    The article reports that PVC and specialty chemicals maker Mexichem SA de CV of Mexico City, Mexico, has acquired 70 percent of Brazilian pipe maker DVG Industria e Comercio de Plasticos Ltda. (Plastubo), through its subsidiary Amanco Brasil Ltda. It has an option to buy the remaining 30 percent...

  • Mexichem ruling is upheld.  // Plastics News;10/19/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p13 

    The article informs that the Federal Competition Commission (CFC) of Mexico has upheld its decision to block Mexichem SAB de CV's proposed purchase of plastic pipe maker Plásticos Rex SA de CV, and Polycid SA de CV from chemical company Cydsa SAB de CV. Plastics industry trade association of...

  • newsbriefs.  // Chemical Week;3/3/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 7, p4 

    This section offers news briefs concerning the chemical industry. Mexichem says it has purchased Colombian caustic soda producer Prodesal. Calgon Carbon reported fourth-quarter 2007 net income of $3.8 million. Day International, a unit of Flint Group, has agreed to acquire pressroom chemical...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics