KEEP IT CLEAN
- SEAL OF APPROVAL. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Aug2007, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p126
The article focuses on the distinctions regarding the qualifications of personnel who work on fire apparatus and other emergency vehicles under the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1911 in the U.S. Based on the standard, any person performing diagnostic checks, inspections or...
- Revised NFPA 1971 Addresses Stored Energy. // Fire Chief;Nov2012, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p10
The article discusses the revisions made on the U.S. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 standard, Protective Ensembles for Structural Firefighting and Proximity Firefighting. It mentions that the revised standard include the addition of a test method on the use of stored energy on...
- Specifying and Purchasing Fire Apparatus. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p10
Provides tips in specifying and purchasing fire apparatus. Formulation of the product specifications; Consideration for the cost of the apparatus; Importance of outlining preliminary requirements using the standards of the U.S.National Fire Protection Association.
- Foreword. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on specifying and purchasing fire apparatus in the U.S. Guidelines on the selection of fire apparatus; Consideration for the price of the equipment; Standards issued by the National Fire Protection Association.
- WHAT ARE WE GOING TO CALL THIS RIG? Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p73
Presents the National Fire Protection Association 1901-complaint quint, a list of standard for fire apparatus in the United States. Classification of fire apparatus; Benefits of Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus; Conditions for the specification of fire apparatus.
- NFPA products. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;May98, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p60
Presents information on several fire safety products featured at the National Fire Protection Association's 1998 exhibit. Flame detector from Sierra Monitor Corp.; Compressor/dryer systems from General Air Products Inc.; Fire alarm and voice-evacuation system from Fire Control Instruments Inc.
- FIRE SUPPRESSION & DETECTION EQUIPMENT. Bates, Erwin E. "ED" // Coal Age;Jan2006, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p30
The article discusses the requirements and references to national consensus standards contained in the Title 30 of the Code of Federal Regulations (30 CFR) in the U.S. about the fire suppression and detection equipment. Personnel safety and record keeping are among requirements covered by the 30...
- NFPA 1710: THE NEW 'ACCOUNTABILITY' STANDARD. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p4
Editorial. Comments on the performance of the National Firefighters Association in the United States. Rate of death among firefighters in action; Changes needed within the association; Importance of implementing of an accountability standard.
- Staffing minimums set for fire departments. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Nov2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p4A
Focuses on the provisions to the fire service market from the NFPA 1710, a standard approved by the National Fire Protection Association in the United States. Number of fire fighters in a fire engine; Response time for the arrival of a unit with first responder; Requirements for health and...