- THE SECTOR OFFICER: THE 'WORKHORSE' OF COMMAND. Morris, Gary P. // Fire Engineering;Sep2000, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p70
Focuses on the responsibilities of sector officers (SO) in fire departments. Importance of CO in organizational development; Completion of objectives assigned by the incident commander; Supervision of work progress within the assigned sector; Coordination of activities with other sectors. ...
- MANAGING CHANGE. Mills, Steve // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p97
The article focuses on change management in the fire prevention service in the U.S., which is claimed to be challenging, considering the role tradition plays. Change affects personnel, resources, and the overall ability to accomplish the job. Fire service leaders and managers need to examine and...
- Saving our own: The rapid intervention team officer. Lasky, Rick // Fire Engineering;Jul97, Vol. 150 Issue 7, p16
Discusses the roles and responsibilities of rapid intervention team (RIT) officer or team leader. Informations which the RIT officer must obtain from the incident commander when being assigned; Some observations that should be taken into consideration; Attitudes which the RIT officer and team...
- The Role of the Safety Officer. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p38
The article provides several answers to a question of how is the safety officer position filled in, in the different fire department of United States.
- Firefighters to address West Shore group. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);2/6/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p2
The article focuses on the move of West Shore Fire Department members to deliver a presentation regarding the complex safety equipment used by local firefighter at the meeting of the West Shore Civic Association (WSCA) in Laguna Park in Bosque County, Texas on February 12, 2008.
- Unacceptable Behavior. Daniels, David // Fire Chief;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p52
Discusses the accountability of firefighters and fire chiefs for enforcing the safety rules of their organizations. Benefits of Organizational Behavior Modification (OB Mod) process for behavior management; Citation of four strategies to OB Mod; Responsibilities of employees during the start of...
- Reorganization Within the State Fire Marshal Division. Rosendahl, Jerry // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p44
Reports on a reorganization of the staffing structure within the State Fire Marshal Division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. Reason for the changes in the staffing structure; Description of the new structure of the organization; Benefits from the reorganization.
- Picerno elected Tupper Lake fire chief. Collier, Jessica // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/9/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 85, p1
The article unveils the new elected set of officers for the Tupper Lake Volunteer Fire Department in Tupper Lake, New York.
- Corrections. // Collinsville Herald;1/18/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 3, pA2
A correction to an article about the Collinsville fire department head in Illinois in the January 11, 2012 issue is presented.