Command Malpractice Fails Standard of Care
- Essential, Important, Nice. Zikmund, Nyle // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p26
The article encourages firefighters to help policy makers at all levels to make difficult decisions by making them to focus on essential, important, nice. It is important for a firefighter to talk to policymakers both at the local, state and federal level to educate them on what a firefighter is...
- Be the Master of Your Fate. Coleman, Ronny J. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/1/2012, p11
The article discusses concerns over an increase in the failure of built-in fire protection to function properly. It notes that everything inside a building needs the scrutiny similar to fire chief asking whether the policies and procedures address the component of maintenance and fire marshalls...
- IN LIKE A LION. West, Pat // Fire Chief;Oct2003, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p48
Profiles Philip Sayer, recipient of the Volunteer Fire Chief of the Year award from the periodicals "Fire Chief," and Missouri's 2003 Fire Chief of the Year. Education and training; Personal background; Career highlights. INSET: FROM TRAGEDY TO TRAINING.
- ESTABLISHING A WATER SUPPLY. // Fire Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p38
Presents views and insights by fire department officials and employees in the U.S. Importance of constant water supply in effective firefighting operation; Thoughts on the various fire chiefs on the establishment of water supply in firefighting operations; Assessment of the general philosophy of...
- Ohio Chiefs Association wins Excellence Award. // Fire Chief;Oct2003, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the Ohio Fire Chiefs Association won the 2003 Fire Service Award for Excellence for its Ohio Fire Executive, a leadership development program. Background on the program designed to strengthen the skills of fire chiefs and high potential senior officers; Other finalists for the award.
- HIS KIND OF TOWN. // Fire Chief;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p56
Interviews Cortez Trotter, new Chicago Fire Commissioner, regarding his plans for the increasing incidents of high-rise fires in Illinois. Comments on being compared with previous commissioners; Ideas on training and executive development; Factors influencing his initiative called Rapid Ascent...
- PEOPLE NEWS. // Fire Chief;May2005, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p11
Reports on career developments of fire chiefs in the U.S. Appointment of Gary Ludwig as deputy fire chief of the Memphis Fire Department; Conferment of the 2005 Metro Black Chief Officer Lifetime Achievement Award to Raymond Brooks; Death of Louis A. Scida, chief fire marshal of the Long Island...
- Tremendous Trivials. Burdick, Mark // Fire Chief;Aug2007, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p60
The article focuses on the importance of the commitment and loyalty of new fire chief officers to the fire department in the U.S. Fire chiefs are expected to do their jobs and responsibilities according to what is expected and required from them. In order for chief officers to achieve their...
- SOME TRADITIONS HAUNT US EVERY DAY. Gasaway, Richard B. // Fire Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p10
Reports developments related to the fire volunteers. Leadership quality of fire chief Richard B. Gasaway; Negligence of the firefighters to wear proper protective equipment during firefighting; Failure of the current firefighters to appreciate the benefits of using an incident management system.