Fla. Fire Chiefs Seek Insurance Legislation
- Fire Chief - Waukesha (Wis.) Fire Department. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;1/2/2013, p1
The article reports on the search for a fire chief at the fire department of Waukesha in Wisconsin. It discusses the responsibilities of a fire chief which include the supervision of emergency medical services and fire investigation services. Qualififications for applicants and information how...
- EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICE COMMITTEE. // Minnesota Fire Chief;2010/2011 Directory, p20
The article offers information on the Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Committee of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). Acting in an advisory capacity, the EMS Committee's missions include making recommendations for review and action by the president and board of the MSFCA...
- Chief of the Year Awards present opportunities to share good news. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/16/2013, p2
The author shares some good news and inspirational stories about the fire and emergency service in time for the nominations for the annual Fire Chief of the Year Award, described to be mostly about years of leadership and dedication and not just about a single incident or disaster.
- Put the 'Chief' in CEO. Van Home, Bob // Fire Chief;Dec2008, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p32
The author reflects on the role of a fire chief officer. He argues that success in fire and emergency services starts with a person who understands the business of being chief. Several lessons on the business of being a chief officer is also offered. Moreover, the author believes that chiefs do...
- Are you Fully Involved? Schabbel, Timm // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p29
Encourages fire chiefs to become fully involved in the department. Way to lead the profession; Commitment of the Great Lakes Board in Minnesota to working with the state's chiefs' associations; Features of the International Association of Fire Chiefs Web site.
- Minnesota Fire Officer of the Year. Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p49
Focuses on the new awards program approved by the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) Board of Directors. Persons qualified for the program; Factors considered in establishing the program; Selection criteria for the Fire Officer of the Year award.
- IAFC Announces New Schedule for FRI. // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p12
Reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs has announced the schedule and opened registration for Fire-Rescue International 2004, its 131st conference and exhibition for the fire industry in New Orleans, Louisiana. Changes to conference schedule; Features of general sessions and...
- Innovation Alley Applications Now Open. // Fire Chief;May2004, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p12
Reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs will continue the special pavilion Innovation Alley on the exhibit floor of Fire-Rescue International to be held in New Orleans, Louisiana on August 12-15, 2004. Aim of Innovation Alley to provide fire and emergency departments the...
- Tom's Trumpet. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p58
The article discusses issues related to the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). There is a need for the MSFCA to come together with a common direction and then branch out in many different paths to accomplish its goals. The MSFCA is committee driven. Sometimes the different...