Fla. Fire Chiefs Seek Insurance Legislation
- EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICE COMMITTEE. // Minnesota Fire Chief;2010/2011 Directory, p20
The article offers information on the Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Committee of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). Acting in an advisory capacity, the EMS Committee's missions include making recommendations for review and action by the president and board of the MSFCA...
- Fire Chief - Waukesha (Wis.) Fire Department. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;1/2/2013, p1
The article reports on the search for a fire chief at the fire department of Waukesha in Wisconsin. It discusses the responsibilities of a fire chief which include the supervision of emergency medical services and fire investigation services. Qualififications for applicants and information how...
- Chief of the Year Awards present opportunities to share good news. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/16/2013, p2
The author shares some good news and inspirational stories about the fire and emergency service in time for the nominations for the annual Fire Chief of the Year Award, described to be mostly about years of leadership and dedication and not just about a single incident or disaster.
- Put the 'Chief' in CEO. Van Home, Bob // Fire Chief;Dec2008, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p32
The author reflects on the role of a fire chief officer. He argues that success in fire and emergency services starts with a person who understands the business of being chief. Several lessons on the business of being a chief officer is also offered. Moreover, the author believes that chiefs do...
- Tom's Trumpet. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p58
The article discusses issues related to the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). There is a need for the MSFCA to come together with a common direction and then branch out in many different paths to accomplish its goals. The MSFCA is committee driven. Sometimes the different...
- Your Input is Critical for Making a Difference. Brown, Bob // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p4
The author discusses his appointment as president of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). He mentions his involvement with the Chisholm Fire Department which started in January 1983. He also talks about his goals for the organization which include building relationships with all...
- Minnesota Fire Training and Education Board Update. // Minnesota Fire Chief;2009 Directory, p48
The article offers an update on the Minnesota Fire Training and Education Board (MBFTE) of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) as of 2009. The deadline for submission of Request for Reimbursement for the second round of funding at MBFTE is on November 1, 2009. Enumerated are the...
- Are you Fully Involved? Schabbel, Timm // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p29
Encourages fire chiefs to become fully involved in the department. Way to lead the profession; Commitment of the Great Lakes Board in Minnesota to working with the state's chiefs' associations; Features of the International Association of Fire Chiefs Web site.
- MSFCA Meets in Red Wing. Juntunen, Jeff // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p4
Presents an update on the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association as of July 1, 2004. Emphasis of the association's partnership with MARAC; Action taken by Ann Warling, editor of "Minnesota Fire Chief" magazine, to boost fund raising efforts; Update on the legislative efforts of MSFCA.