NFPA Releases Two Smoke-Alarm Studies
- Smithers Foundation celebrates 40 years of philanthropic leadership. // Alcoholism Report;Nov93, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p7
Announces that the Christopher D. Smithers Foundation has released its 40th Anniversary Report, which details its accomplishments, achievements and unwavering support for the field of alcoholism. History of the foundation.
- Fire safety angel helps out at Ugandan orphanage. // Fire Safety Engineering;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p38
The article announces that FireAngel has donated an undetermined number of optical smoke alarms to the Revival Centre in Matugga, Uganda under the efforts of Debbie Walker from the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
- September is national alcohol and drug addiction recovery month (NADARM). // NCADD Washington Report;Sep98, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p1
Reports on Johnson Institute Foundation's sponsorship of the National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month held September 1999 in the United States.
- THE WEEK IN CHARITIES. // PRWeek (London);2/12/2010, p8
This section offers news briefs on charities including a programme started by Drinkaware on February 2010 to encourage people to balance their alcohol intake, the call of Amnesty International for the Iranian government to reveal where and what happened to two music journalists, Behrang...
- Abstinence not necessary. Taylor, Amy // Community Care;8/27/2009, Issue 1784, p32
The article offers information about the LifeWorks project, which allows homeless people to use therapy services even if they are still using drugs and alcohol in London, England. It mentions that the initiative was run by homeless charity organization St. Mungos, and offers a one-on-one weekly...
- Drinkaware Have the conversation. Ridley, Louise // Campaign;10/11/2013, p2
The article reports that an outdoor campaign has been launched by the charity Drinkaware to encourage parents to talk to their children about the dangerous effects of alcohol and their influence as role models for responsible drinking.
- Charity changes governance. Burne James, Sam // Third Sector;2/4/2014, Issue 784, p5
The article reports on the radical changes announced by the alcohol education charity Drinkaware to its governance arrangements in 2014.
- FYI NEWS & NOTES. // Agri Marketing;Oct2001, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p12
Reports developments related to agricultural industries in the United States as of October 2001. Celebration of the opening of the ethanol production facility in South Dakota; Donation given by Select Sires Federation to the dairy foundation; Benefits from the survey on the uses and benefits of...
- RNID selects Touchstone. Heathcote, Bob // e.learning age;Jun2005, p11
Reports on the purchase of a Web-based portal solution from Touchstone Tate Bramald by the British charity Royal National Institute for the Deaf (RNID). Significance of the system to the services and user support delivered by the RNID; Process of integrating the Web portal-based solution.