Career Colleges Target Revenue, Enrollment Growth, Efficiencies
- Still coming. // Education Digest;Apr1949, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p56
The article reports that the Census Bureau sees that for every three eighth-grade seat needed in 1947, five will be needed in 1960 in the United States. Peak enrolment in elementary schools is expected in 1957 when the number enrolled in grades 1 through 8 will reach about 26.5 million. High...
- Untitled. // Education Digest;Sep1940, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p25
The article on the decrease in elementary school enrollments in the United States during the period 1936-38, according to the U.S. Office of Education.
- Education. // Pocket World in Figures;2006, p78
Several charts showing information on the world rankings in terms of education including the highest primary enrolment, the lowest primary enrolment, the highest tertiary enrolment are presented.
- Educational Status and Trends. // Education Digest;Feb1952, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p12
The article presents a reprint of the article "Educational status and trends," reported from Part VI of "Schools and the 1950 Census". The U.S. Bureau of Census reported in October 1950 that school enrollment reached 30 million. The enrollment in elementary schools was over 21 million and...
- Untitled. // Education Digest;Mar1938, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p21
This article reports that an estimated one-fourth of the 24,700 high schools in the U.S. have 25 to 74 pupils.
- Enrolment Decline. // Education Digest;May1980, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p61
This article reports that enrolment in U.S. public elementary and secondary schools dropped 7.2 percent between 1970 and 1978. The figures were announced by the National Center for Education Statistics. Changes in public school populations by state largely followed national migration patterns....
- US school enrollment in slow growth trend. Rosen, Ivan // International Educator;Feb2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the slow growth in school enrollment in the U.S., according to the National Center for Education Statistics. Forecast on private and public K-12 enrollment; Prediction on public school population in the Northeast; Projection on the growth of student enrollment in western states;...
- Chiefs' Report Documents Improvement In Student Achievement in Math, Science. West, Peter // Education Week;4/1/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on the progress in improving student enrollment in mathematics and science courses, according to a report released by the Council of Chief State School Officers in the U.S. The report has been distributed to state school superintendents and mathematics and science supervisors...
- World School Enrollments. // Education Digest;Jan1982, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p65
This article reports that school enrollments worldwide have more than doubled in the past two decades, increasing from 343 million in 1960 to 692 million in 1981, according to Amadou Mahtar M'Bow, director-general of Unesco. In a report to the thirty-eighth session of the International...