Expanding the Journal's Circulation to Oncologists--A New Dimension for Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Four of top-10 titles make ratebase cuts. Ennis, Teresa // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/01/99, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p12
Reports on circulation magazines' move to downsize due to cost of consumer acquisition, deflation in newsstand sales and sweepstakes crises. Listing of circulation titles that experienced decline for the first half of 1999; Forecasts on ratebase cuts; Emphasis on total audience size and...
- Shrinking Pains. Lukovitz, Karlene // Circulation Management;May2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
Comments on the cessation of the increasing trend of aggregate consumer magazine circulation. Observation on the impact of consolidation of magazines on publishers; Problems faced by magazine distributors; Views on single-copy issues.
- Will Circulation Sanity Prevail? Lukovitz, Karlene // Circulation Management;Nov2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p6
Comments on issues related to the magazine circulation sector in the U.S. as of November 2002. Developments in the sector; Elimination of top jobs at business-to-business publishers; Perception of media buyers that consumer magazines can't deliver the accountability that buyers need to defend...
- OVERALL CIRC DECLINE ACCELERATES. Davis, Baird // Circulation Management;Nov2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p53
Discusses the economic trends in the U.S. magazine circulation industry in 2001 and 2002. Details on the strategic reductions in circulations sizes by major publishers; Decline in newsstand circulation; Decline in the number of audited consumer magazines.
- Covering Our Demographic Bases. Joukhadar, Kristina // Circulation Management;Oct2005, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p6
Introduces several articles about the publishing industry and periodical circulation.
- Control: The new circulation goal. Ennis, Teresa // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;09/15/99, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p38
Examines how consumer publishers are exploring partial conversions to controlled files. Decline of circulation costs; Advertising possibilities; Collection of data on a reader in exchange for a free subscription.
- 2003 B-TO-B CONTROLLED PUBLICATION CIRCULATION BENCHMARK SURVEY. Lukovitz, Karlene // Circulation Management;Apr2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p35
Discusses the 2003 B-to-B controlled publication circulation benchmark survey by 'Circulation Management.' Trends in circulation size and growth; Decline in the average controlled acquisition cost; Information on cost control enabled through the Internet and telemarketing.
- Reconsolidation Pilot Test Set for Fall. // Circulation Management;Jul2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the scheduled pilot test of magazine reconsolidation to be conducted by Magazine Publishers of America/American Business Media in Northern Illinois to reduce magazine distribution costs. Sorting operations that are eliminated by reconsolidation before postal entry; Details on the...
- It May Not Be Brain Surgery... Lukovitz, Karlene // Circulation Management;Sep2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
Introduces a series of articles which deals with managing circulation in periodicals.