Algiers drops bid bond mining rule
- Yukon exploration targets base, precious metals. Burke, Mike // Canadian Mining Journal;Feb/Mar2002, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p25
Looks at the status of mineral exploration in the Yukon Territory in 2001. List of base metal targets; Production output of Brewery Creek gold mine in the first half of 2001; Information on the government initiatives for the Yukon Mining Incentive Program.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Dansereau, Suzanne // Labour, Capital & Society;2010, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the cover picture of artisanal miners in the Marange Diamond mine in Zimbabwe, community and labour struggles in the face of oil and gas exploitation in Pakistan and a review of mining contracts in the Democratic Republic...
- TRIP UP THE AVAWATZ MOUNTAINS. // Exploring & Mining Gems & Gold;1977, p193
The article discusses the author's experience of traveling to the Avawatz Mountains. He talked about an elderly man named Sam Hoover, who told him a story about a prospecting trip to this area. He then described two black cliffs at the mouth of the canyon and the white quartz boulder that he saw...
- A growing oil sector or a lower dollar? Robinson, David // Northern Ontario Business;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on how petro-inflated dollar including oil exports have hurt Northern Ontario and discouraged exploration and mining development and informs that the premier of Ontario was attacked for defending Ontario's manufacturing sector.
- China set for massive mineral exploitation in Qinghai. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Sep2011, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p9
The article reports on the plans of Qinghai Province in China to invest three billion yuan in mineral resource exploration in 2011 and a total of 20 billion yuan under the 12th five-year plan of China for 2011-2015.
- BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/21/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 29, p44
The article presents information on project tenders in the Middle East. The engineering, procurement and construction project in Iran includes the development of a mine at Sarab, East Azerbaijan province. The rehabilitation of the Mahan-Barn-Rostamabad highway, also in Iran, comprises two...
- SAUDI ARABIA. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;04/07/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p31
Reports on Saudi Arabian Mining Co.'s evaluation of bids on a series of construction packages for a gold and silver mine in Asir, Saudi Arabia. Timetable for the project; Scope of the contracts; Other mines to be placed on bid by the company.
- B.C. Government programs boost exploration. Schroeter, Tom G. // Canadian Mining Journal;Feb/Mar2002, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the initiatives by the government of British Columbia for the improvement of exploration incentive programs in 2001. Estimated field-related exploration spending in 2001; Projected total exploration and deposit appraisal spending in 2001; Indicators of renewed exploration interest in...
- Resources: CAR SIGNS MINERAL OVER TO LIBYA. // African Business;Nov2002, Issue 281, p8
Reports on the deal between Central African Republic and Libya on prospecting and mining rights in the country.