COMMON HIRING MISTAKES
- hiring so you won't be firing. Cherne, Ferne // Supervision;Mar2004, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p10
Discusses steps to ensure that the best person is hired in a company. Common practice in hiring employees; Pitfalls in the hiring process; Aspects of hiring costly employees.
- recruiting for success. Froschheiser, Lee // Supervision;Jun2007, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p13
The article deals with the recruitment of employees. The first step in recruiting a quality employee is the development of a well written job description before the actual recruiting process. The next step is the development of employees such as coaching and skills development. According to the...
- Taking Things to a "Hire Level". Schopen Jr., Peter F. // Pest Control;Aug2007, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p54
The article offers information on various factors to consider in hiring employees for a specific job in a start-up business. The author relates the top-three pitfalls in hiring which include promising specific terms of employment to a contractual employee, failure to conduct proper background...
- How to hire the best hourly employees. Kleiman, Mel // Landscape Management;Oct2007, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p102
The article offers suggestions for landscape contractors on how to hire the best possible employees. It suggests to develop a system, make an itemized list of the things needed and hire only those applicants' attitudes that match what is needed to do the job. Furthermore, the author proposes to...
- Hiring is Like Looking at the Tip of the Iceberg. Kahle, Dave // American Salesman;Apr2007, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on hiring salespeople. It is helpful to visualize the image of an iceberg with 10 percent visible above the surface, and 90 percent invisible below the surface when interviewing a hiring candidate or coaching an employee. Some of the important sales behaviors that affect...
- How to...avoid candidate gazumping. Beagrie, Scott // Contract Journal;3/2/2005, Vol. 427 Issue 6514, p43
Provides tips for employers on avoiding the loss of a job candidate to a competitor. Factors that can influence the decision of a job candidate to take a job offer from a company; Reason why a candidate turns down an offer.
- Job Cuts Make It Tougher to Find Talent. // Customer Interface;Oct2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the difficulties facing companies in recruiting high quality employees. Number of employees laid-off by Cisco, Lucent and Nortel; Advice on selecting top performers; Ways to avoid hiring mistakes.
- Employment Application. // Employment Application;12/1/2009, p1
Hire the right employee for your small business without running afoul of human resources rules. Have applicants fill out this comprehensive eForm and hire the person who best fits the job. With Nolo's Employment Application, you'll be able to: quickly weed out unqualified candidates and focus on...
- hiring: how to attract top players. Valtin, Patrick // Supervision;Jul2012, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses recruiting strategies and offers advice on how to attract the best job applicants. Suggested strategies for evaluating job applicants and selecting employees include assessing genuine interest in the field, offering performance-based rewards, and communicating the kind of...