Boucher, Upton Back Muni Nets
- FCC Deal On The Line. Hatch, David // National Journal;7/24/2010, p15
The article discusses the creation of broadband-related legislation in the U.S. It states that Congress members, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and representatives of the telecommunications industry have met to fast track the said legislation but have encountered difficulty getting...
- LIEBERMAN BILL TO PUSH NATIONAL BROADBAND GOAL. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;6/3/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 22, p12
Provides information on a bill introduced by Senator Joseph Lieberman (D-Conn.) which focuses on broadband deployment. Difference of the bill from other broadband legislation; Provisions of the bill; Opinion of Scott Cleland, chief executive of Precursor Group, on the legislation.
- Net Neutrality Excluded From House Bill. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the exclusion of network neutrality in a national cable franchising bill passed by the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee in April 2006. Collaboration of Representative Rick Boucher (D-Va.) with Representative Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) in creating a measure that would impose...
- Proposed Rules: FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION. // Federal Register;12/4/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 233, p72851
The article focuses on the public notice issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission regarding its issuance of the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) . It states that the NPRM is searching for comment on a new Citizens Broadband Service in the 355-3650 megahertz (MHz) band. It also...
- House Sets 3G Hearing. // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p1
Deals with the scheduled hearing on third-generation services on July 24, 2001 in the United States. Title of the hearing.
- Q&A Rep. Boucher praises FCC, begins work on net neutrality legislation. Hart, Kim // Hill;9/29/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 109, p4
An interview with U.S. chairperson of the House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet, Representive Rick Boucher, is presented in which he discussed his position on the net neutrality legislation issues.
- Parliament passes broadband legislation. // Flare (Pakistan);8/15/2011, p64
The article reports on the passage of the ultra-fast broadband (UFB) legislation by the parliament in New Zealand.
- Telcom talks expected to soon yield broad bill. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter;3/17/95, Vol. 336 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the status of negotiations for a broadbased telecommunications legislation in the United States. Features; Prospects for the introduction of a bill in the US Senate; Background on the discussions.
- Upton Draws Line in Sand. // Multichannel News;12/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p4
An interview with Fred Upton, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is presented.