N.C. Towns Opts to Buy System
- GEOGRAPHIC MAPS NEW PROGRAMS. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/30/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 62, p16
Announces the joint venture of the National Geographic Channel with the New York Times for cable television programming and news segments in the United States. Plan to broadcast 26 episodes of the series 'Science Times'; Details on the National Geographic Today, daily news program of the...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Intuit and CNN Financial Network to launch cobranded Web site. Clark, Drew // American Banker;12/5/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 233, p11
Reports that Intuit Incorporated and CNN Financial Network has announce a five year partnership in an effort to provide personal financial software and news on a cobranded Web site. What are the terms of the agreement; Background information on the companies; What type of information will be...
- CNN, InterVU sign agreement for on-demand video hosting. // Information Today;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p41
Reports on the agreement between InterVU Incorporated and the Cable News Network (CNN), pertaining to the utilization of InterVU's high speed quality video capabilities by the CNN Web sites. Details on the conditions of the deal; Information on the services offered by InterVU; Detailed...
- CTW, Nick team up in `suite' deal. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;05/04/98, Vol. 128 Issue 19, p97
Provides information on the 50-50 joint venture between the Children's Television Workshop and Nickelodeon called Noggin, a commercial-free network. When the network is expected to debut; Features of the `The Suite from MTV and VHI' Noggin package; Positive reaction to the decision to go...
- VIVA and Onyx combine their music-TV expertise. Clark-Meads, Jeff // Billboard;8/31/96, Vol. 108 Issue 35, p98
Reports that German music television stations VIVA and Onyx are joining together. The potential audience of the joined stations; Comments on the deal from VIVA managing director Dieter Gorny.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.