NBCU Creating an Ad Library
- PASS making charge to become a free channel. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p36
Reports on efforts by PASS Sports' to convert its paid programming to free basic services in the Michigan and Ohio territory. Renegotiation of some of its affiliate agreements; Terms and conditions as they relate to the agreement Comments from PASS General Manager Jeff Genther.
- CanalSatellite adds sports channel to programming lineup. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 43, p58
Announces the availability of a sports channel on CanalSatellite television network.
- Programming:. // CableFAX Daily;9/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 170, p2
The article presents updates on television programming in the U.S. OLN network will present 26 regular season of National Hockey League games in high definition television in 2006. Comcast's CN8 network has reached more than 9 million subscribers in the country. Some of the weekday evening...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p64
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television in the United States. ESPN's "Monday Night Football" game on September 17, 2007 was the sports network's highest-rated telecast of 2007. HBO plans to develop a miniseries that aims to debunk all the conspiracy theories surrounding the...
- Changing the Game. Kelly, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p16A
Features CNN/SI, Cable News Network's sports news network. Subscription; Major sporting events aired by the network; Programming strategy.
- The Baseball Network steps to the plate. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p18
Reports on The Baseball Network's readiness to begin operations. Production and integration of 14 live simultaneous prime time Major League Baseball games; Logistic challenges.
- Can't pin 'em down. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1
Discusses the strategies used by USA Network and Turner Network Television (TNT) to keep their viewers interested to their Monday night lineup after the wrestling shows. Large number of wrestling fans watching the shows; TNT's premiering of `The Adventures of Robin Hood'; Estimated amount of...
- Pac-10 deal with Liberty Sports. // MediaWeek;6/13/94, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p4
Reports on Liberty Sports' renewal of a deal with Pac-10 football for exclusive cable and regional rights to 18 conference games annually beginning in 1995 through 2000. Contract provisions.
- A bittersweet swan song? Dupree, Scotty // MediaWeek;10/9/95, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p6
Reports on the unexpected success of The Baseball Network's regional feeds of Major League Baseball playoff games. Medium-to-strong audience performance of the televised playoff games; Success in the scheduling of the divisional playoffs; Virgin markets as source of biggest metered-market ratings.