Waving a VOD Banner
- More VOD-bits:. // CableFAX Daily;4/24/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 79, p2
Presents updates on video-on-demand (VOD) programs of Comcast as of April 2006. VOD programs of Comcast available at media service organization-wide; Features of Comcast's enhanced interactive program guide for the S-A platform.
- Interaction. Aho, Debra // Advertising Age;12/13/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 52, p16
The article answers a question regarding the features of cable television set-top boxes. The 8600X from Scientific-Atlanta allows for an interactive program guide, near video-on-demand, messaging capabilities, news/classified advertisements and games, among other applications. General Instrument...
- Advanced Ads: Grid Is Good. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p18
The article reports that cable operators such as Comcast Corp. and Rovi Corp. have seen great demand for placement on cable's interactive program guides (IPGs).
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p3
Reveals that Comcast Corp. will teamed with realtor Prudential Fox and Roach for Real Estate on Demand channel. Information on the video-on-demand channel.
- How Scripps Got a Jump on VOD. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p40
Reports on the local free video-on-demand package introduced by Scripps Networks in partnership with Comcast Corp. Idea behind creating a Scripps-fueled Philly on Demand package; Results of the Scripps Philly on Demand trial; Challenge for any future local partnerships along the lines of Philly...
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;10/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 200, p1
Reports on an announcement of Comcast that it has surpassed 1 billion video on demand (VOD) program views. Titles of the most watched VOD program and the most watched kinds program; Digital subs of the mature markets using VOD in the previous 90 days.
- Bullish on free VOD-and offers by the bucket. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p16
Reports on the growth strategy of Comcast Corp. Main objective of Comcast for 2003; Video-on-demand services being offered by the firm; Overview on services offered by Comcast. INSET: COMCAST CORP..
- Rivers Lends Glitz to Philly VOD. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the launch of video on demand (VOD) by Comcast Corp. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Facilities provided and cost of VOD; Availability of VOD; Equipment used by the company for downloading content; Servers and set tops used in Philadelphia operation.
- Comcast's Strauss: VOD Poised for More Growth. Reynolds, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 21, p14
The article reports on the video-on-demand (VOD) program of Comcast Corp. is poised for growth on all of its five broadcast networks in the U.S.