Cable Gets Ready For College Football
- It's About Playing to Win. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p24
The article reports on the issues concerning the state of sports television in the U.S. as discussed during the FSA Sports Media & Technology Conference sponsored by the Sports Business Journal held on Novmber 2008. Discussions centered on the $500 million acquisition of ESPN of the broadcasting...
- WHAT'S WORKING IN CHARLESTON. M. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/9/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 27, p24
The article reports on the plan of television station WMMP to launch its coverage of the third season of high school football in Charleston, South Carolina.
- ESPN College Football Hits Nielsen Pay. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;1/19/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p7
The article focuses on the increased audience reported by the television network ESPN during the telecast of the College Football Playoff match between Ohio State and Oregon football teams in January 12, 2015, measured by market information firm Nielsen on live-plus-same-day basis. It presents...
- Football, football, football. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/10/2006, Issue 323516, p22
The author responds to the announcement of telecasting the football matches by National Football League Network on Thursday and Saturday. Traditionally the high school and college football games are scheduled on these days and the present telecast schedule will cause a shift. The author states...
- BIG MESS IN THE BIG TEN: WHY DIE-HARD FANS CANT TUNE IN. Frazier, Mya; Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;9/17/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 37, p3
The article discusses the controversy surrounding the Big Ten Network, which broadcasts college football games that are in the Big Ten conference. The article explains that the biggest issue is between the cable providers and the network, which wants placement on basic cable and $1 per customer...
- LETTER OF THE WEEK. ATKINSON, CARL // Rugby League Week;2/13/2014, p40
The article presents a letter to the editor on television broadcasting of rugby football in Australia and photographs related to the game.
- Show Premier League football the right way. Scudamore, Richard // Publican's Morning Advertiser;5/15/2014, Issue 148, p6
The article reports on the broadcast of Barclays Premier League football on BT Sport and Sky Sports by pubs across Great Britain.
- Monday nights in the Arena. Elkin, Seth // Sporting News;1/15/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 3, p5
This article reports on sports programming for the spring of 2007. After it's inaugural season of the National Football League's "Monday Night Football" enjoyed high ratings, ESPN will broadcast a new deal with the Arena Football League (AFL). Though the AFL was created in the 1980s, it will...
- ESPN Hikes AFL Ad Sales. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;4/2/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p14
The article focuses on advertising during telecasts of the Arena Football League (AFL) on sports network ESPN. Advertisers for the league broadcasts include Coors, the U.S. Marines and Mitsubishi. ESPN has acquired a minority ownership in the AFL. It is mentioned that the AFL struggled in its...