Tackling Trouble Calls for Microsoft Vista Users
- SPEECHCYCLE/TELLME POWER ENTERPRISE SPEECH SELF-SERVICE. // Audiotex Update;Aug2008, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the partnership announced by SpeechCycle Inc. and Microsoft Corp. subsidiary Tellme in the U.S. Under the joint venture, SpeechCycle will deliver its Rich Phone Applications (RPAs) through Tellme's voice platform to improve speech self-services for enterprise customers....
- WINDOWS XP BRINGS NEW HOPE FOR VOICE OVER IP SERVICES. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;10/22/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p28
Discusses the significance of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system to the voice-over-Internet protocol (IP) industry in the United States. Companies that will provide voice-over-IP services to XP users; Benefits of the operating system to carriers.
- All roads lead to NT 5.0. Trott, Bob; Gardner, Dana // InfoWorld;07/28/97, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p1
Reports on Microsoft Corp.'s offering of software tools for its Windows NT 5.0 operating system to help users migrate from Windows 95 to Windows 98. Target market for Windows 98; Expected shipment date of Windows NT 5.0; Plans of releasing a small business version of its BackOffice server.
- WATCH WHAT MICROSOFT DOES WITH XP. Gill, Shammi // eWeek;7/23/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p61
Discusses the impact of Windows XP operating systems from Microsoft Corp. on smaller businesses and consumers. Monopoly of Microsoft in the desktop market; Provision of free softwares; Effect of Windows XP on enterprise service market at a minimum degree.
- Should You Upgrade Your Software? Goldsborough, Reid // Community College Week;4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p19
Expresses views on the decision to upgrade to the Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office computer software. Functions of Windows Server 2003, an operating system designed for computer networks; Factors to consider in the decision-making process; Issues raised whenever a major software is...
- Microsoft Plus add-on pack enters beta test. Pontin, Jason // InfoWorld;4/24/95, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the beta testing of Microsoft Corp.'s Plus, an add-on package for the Windows 95 operating system. Plans to release the package with Windows 95 on August 1995.
- Windows users to pay for network support. Pontin, Jason // InfoWorld;6/12/95, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p6
Reports that Microsoft Corporation is charging Windows users for Windows 3.x network technical support. Reason; Comments from Windows 95 product manager Yusuf Mehdi. INSET: Support costs..
- Putting XP in the zone. Livingston, Brian // InfoWorld;12/16/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p22
Comments on Windows XP computer operating systems of Microsoft. Background on the computer software ZoneAlarm; Features of the XP; Effect of installing ZoneAlarm on Windows XP.
- The pipeline. // Windows Watcher;11/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p10
Presents information on several computer softwares and technologies introduced by Microsoft. Active Directory software; Cedar software; Windows NT 5.0 operating system.