TLC to Don Miss America Crown
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.
- Reality changes the rules. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p35
Reports on trends in television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Popularity of reality television shows; Audience reception to scripted shows; Impact of the success of reality television shows on the industry. INSETS: UPDATE;KEEPING IT REAL.
- Nets Could Use a Reality Check. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p56
Editorial. Focuses on the increased trend of television broadcasting networks in the U.S. to re-telecast reality shows that were successful in their first telecast. Reference to the market situation of the magazine 'Dateline'; Predictions about the condition of television broadcasting industry.
- Reality Check: Upfront Upside. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the U.S. television advertising market. Forecast on the growth of overall revenue; Factors that influenced the upfront; Effects of reality television shows on the market.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- Rival channels' reality shows shape up for a showdown. Csonka, Agnes // Budapest Business Journal;12/23/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p7
Comments on the success of reality television shows in Hungary. TV2 and RTL Klub's launch of reality shows in September 2002; Expected growth of reality shows in Hungary in 2003.
- EURO SKEDS FALL INTO PLACE. James, Alison // Variety;9/3/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the debate over reality television (TV) shows in France. Audience share of the `Loft Story' TV program; What TF1 will likely offer starting September 2001; Why French Culture Minister Catherine Tasca has berated the private cable television networks.
- Editorial. Bruce, Jean // Canadian Journal of Communication;2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the reality television program "Canadian Idol" by Doris Baltruschat, one on public television by Derek Foster, and one by the editor on home improvement programs.
- The naked truth. Lumby, Catharine // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/29/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6276, p42
Corrects myths about reality television programs. Use of tricks in reality television to create the perception of reality; Voyeuristic nature of reality television; Exploitation of reality television contestants; Promotion of dog-eat-dog mentality in reality television.