TLC to Don Miss America Crown
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.
- Nets Could Use a Reality Check. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p56
Editorial. Focuses on the increased trend of television broadcasting networks in the U.S. to re-telecast reality shows that were successful in their first telecast. Reference to the market situation of the magazine 'Dateline'; Predictions about the condition of television broadcasting industry.
- Reality changes the rules. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p35
Reports on trends in television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Popularity of reality television shows; Audience reception to scripted shows; Impact of the success of reality television shows on the industry. INSETS: UPDATE;KEEPING IT REAL.
- Reality Check: Upfront Upside. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the U.S. television advertising market. Forecast on the growth of overall revenue; Factors that influenced the upfront; Effects of reality television shows on the market.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- Rival channels' reality shows shape up for a showdown. Csonka, Agnes // Budapest Business Journal;12/23/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p7
Comments on the success of reality television shows in Hungary. TV2 and RTL Klub's launch of reality shows in September 2002; Expected growth of reality shows in Hungary in 2003.
- EURO SKEDS FALL INTO PLACE. James, Alison // Variety;9/3/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the debate over reality television (TV) shows in France. Audience share of the `Loft Story' TV program; What TF1 will likely offer starting September 2001; Why French Culture Minister Catherine Tasca has berated the private cable television networks.
- Editorial. Bruce, Jean // Canadian Journal of Communication;2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the reality television program "Canadian Idol" by Doris Baltruschat, one on public television by Derek Foster, and one by the editor on home improvement programs.
- Please Don't Think. Bednarski, P.J. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p57
Discusses the issue of the telecast of reality programs on television. Reasons of viewers for watching reality shows; Analysis of several reality programs being telecast on different networks in the U.S.; Comparison of reality shows with soap operas; Factors responsible for the success of...