Summer Viewing: How Less Becomes More
- ITV in revamp of daytime to stem viewing decline. // Marketing (00253650);3/16/2000, p3
Reports on ITV's overhaul of its daytime television programs to address a viewership decline in Great Britain.
- Turner nets beat each of Big 3. Walley, Wayne // Advertising Age;2/25/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p53
This article reports on the audience share of the four cable networks of Turner Broadcasting System from January 14 to February 3, 1991. Turner's 24-hour cable networks Cable News Network, WTBS, Turner Network Television and Headline News combined for a 14.6 share of all U.S. viewing on a...
- Fans Try to Pull 'Nikita' from Scrap Heap. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p18
Reports that fans are mounting an aggressive campaign to save USA Network's `La Femme Nikita' cable TV show from cancellation oblivion. Other TV shows that were rescued by fans; New twists to the fans' old-style letter-writing campaign; Profile of the shows' fans.
- 'NIP' TUCKED ATOP RATINGS. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;9/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 54, p17
Reports on the increase in the number of viewers of the television program 'Nip/Tuck' of FX network on September 16, 2003 in the U.S.
- Value, adverts and an impatient public. Parr, Robert // Sports Marketing (14608359);Sep2001, Issue 74, p19
Discusses the faultlines that were opening up in football based on the public reaction to the television program 'The Premiership.' Value of the Premiership football rights; Number of television viewers of the first showing of the television program; Amount paid by the cable television network...
- Cable TV's Soapbox Turns 25. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/10/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 41, p22
Focuses on the call-in shows of cable television network C-SPAN in the U.S. Celebration of 25 years on the air by call-in programs in October 2005 with a marathon 25-hour call-in show; Reason behind the foundation of the network by Brian Lamb; Excerpts from a contest C-SPAN ran for its viewers....
- Why ITV will need more than `millionaires' to cement revival. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;3/25/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p17
Comments on the effectiveness of the program schedule changes made by cable television network, ITV in gaining more audiences in Great Britain. Examples of programs scheduled at times to attract viewer attention; Questions addressed by the network to improve its competitive condition against...
- ITV slips beneath 30% viewing share. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);8/24/2000, p5
Reports on the decline in the television viewership share of ITV from April to June 2000 by 30%, according to the figures from the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising. Increase in the audience share of Channel 5.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;4/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 75, p2
Reports on the TV viewers ratings earned by an episode of the TV program "Pinks" on Speed cable television network.