Charter's Chairman Mulls Private Path
- Sub Losses Whack Cable Firms. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p3
The article reports on the dismal performance of cable companies in the U.S. Industry leader Comcast reported 65,000 basic-customer losses, losing 11% of its stock price on October 25, 2007. Other publicly traded cable companies also reported across-the-board basic subscriber losses in the third...
- Comcast Pops Into Time Warner Cable-Charter Drama. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;11/22/2013, p00
The article reports on the all-time high record of stocks of cable telecommunication company Time Warner Cable Inc. amid issues that cable television provider Charter Communication Inc. is planning to make a formal acquisition offer. The record also emerged amid plans of Comcast Corp. to...
- Is TV dying? US media stocks slump. Kehoe, John // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/8/2015, p12
The article reports on the decline in the prices of U.S. media and cable company stocks with customers opting for cheaper online alternatives like Netflix in Australia.
- Cable Stocks Get Bit in Bear Market. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/22/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the decline in stocks of the U.S. cable television industry in August 18, 2011, which fared better on August 19.
- Bring Back the Cable Show Bounce. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p72
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the cable companies' stock performance in the U.S.
- Charter Renews Golf, Versus. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that U.S.-based cable operator Charter Communications Inc. has renewed carriage contract with Comcast Corp.-owned services Versus and Golf Channel. Under the contract, Charter Communications Inc. will continue to broadcast the two channels from the company's millions of...
- COX, CHARTER QUIETLY JOINING THE HD FRAY. King, Danny // Television Week;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p33
The article reports that despite the emergence of many high-definition channels, cable providers Cox Communications and Charter Communications are still maintaining their subscription base and sales. Both companies reported that they increased video services revenue at least partially by having...
- MARC NATHANSON. // Multichannel News;10/19/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p24
The article profiles Marc Nathanson, founder of the Falcon Cable TV Inc. It notes that before establishing the firm, Nathanson worked for Hamscope Cable and eventually served as vice president of marketing at TelePrompTer Corp. In 1999, Nathanson sold Falcon Cable to Charter Communications Inc....
- Charting a Tech Transformation. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;9/29/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p16
The article discusses launch of technology related services by Charter Communications. The topics discussed include Charter's cloud-based Spectrum Guide which will be offered on television set-top boxes, the company's focus on launching, testing of a system that will allow Charter to launch and...