Millions Sold on 'HSM2'
- ESPN BLIGHTY BOUNB. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;3/1/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on the announcement of Walt Disney Co. of launching ESPN Classic in Great Britain. The launch is part of the company's carriage deal to bring movie service Cinemagic to the country. Television viewers can now access broader array of content which is either through television...
- 'FERB' NEXT BIG TWEEN THING. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p39
The article reports on the Disney Channel's launch of the animated series "Phineas and Ferb," in February 2008. The television network aims to emulate the success of teen pop singer Hannah Montana. The animated series will be launched with a month-long preview that will feature a new episode...
- Disney's Shopping 'Housewives.'. Higgin, John M.; Benson, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;3/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the asking price of Walt Disney Co. for cable rights to ABC TV program "Desperate Housewives." Bidders for the TV program; Reaction of network executives to the asking price; Ratings received by the TV program.
- Alphabet spells hope for diverse America. Toledo, Charo // Daily Variety;7/27/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 19, pA1
The article reports on the efforts exerted by the United States-based television network Disney-ABC to give more slots to Latin American actors and shows in its schedule. According to the author, ABC has diverse programs like "Ugly Betty" and "Grey's Anatomy" which gain high ratings among Latin...
- Upfronts. // CableFAX Daily;2/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p2
Presents information on the children's TV programs to be launched by Disney-ABC Television Group Co. in the U.S. in 2006. Total number of new children's TV series to be launched by the company; Plan by the company to launch the action-adventure program "Jetix" at Toon Disney channel.
- DISNEY SETS 'MANY' TIME. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;12/18/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 53, p34
The article announces the launch of the television program "Handy Manny," a shortform spinoff of its popular children series, by Disney Channel in the U.S. It notes that the series will kick off January 25, 2010, along with the cabler's "Playhouse Disney" preschool block buster. It adds that...
- Disney-ABC Owns the Day. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/31/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 13, p11
The article reports on the benefits offered by the daytime soap operas owned by Disney-ABC Television Group in the U.S. It states that the company's ownership of three soap operas, including "The View" provides an opportunity to easily feature advertiser's products in each of the show. In...
- Disney fare flies to Finnish TV. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;11/17/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 34, p14
Reports that Walt Disney has signed a multiyear, multigenre free TV agreement with Channel Four Finland for the broadcast of movies, series, animation and television films.
- BETTYS DO BATTLE. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;10/10/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the launching of the localized version of the Latin telenovela "Betty la Fea" by Walt Disney Co. in the U.S. According to the launching company, the new version is a dramedy which is more inspired by the Latino sudser which is one of the company's new series. However,...