Insight Boosts Its Own Case With Gains
- Comcast to take over local insight cable operations. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p43
The article reports on the agreement between cable companies Comcast corp. and Insight Communications Co. Inc. that Comcast will take over all of the territory in Indiana now managed by Insight. The transition includes Insight customers from Anderson, Bloomington and Lafayette. Comcast is...
- Brazil postpones auction of cable TV operators, paper says. // Latin America Telecom;May2013, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p9
The article reports that the planned auction of Brazilian cable television companies Adatel Osasco and Adatel Sao Jose has been delayed until May 15, 2013.
- Is TV dying? US media stocks slump. Kehoe, John // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/8/2015, p12
The article reports on the decline in the prices of U.S. media and cable company stocks with customers opting for cheaper online alternatives like Netflix in Australia.
- Bring Back the Cable Show Bounce. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p72
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the cable companies' stock performance in the U.S.
- DD Freedish sets reserve price of Rs 4.3 crore for 25th e-auction. // Indiantelevision.com;1/14/2016, p1
The article reports on the increase in the reserve price of free-to-air direct-to-home (DTH) platform Freedish by the television network Doordarshan to Rs 4.3 crore for the 25th electronic-auction to be held in India on January 18, 2016. It states that Freedish has 64 television (TV) channels...
- Indie Operators Bemoan 'Terminally Ill' Video Model. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;8/5/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p6
The article discusses the highlights of a panel session on the multichannel-video business model held as part of the 2013 Independent Show held in San Diego, California. Patrick Knorr, executive vice president of business services at cable operator Wave Broadband, bemoans the problems facing...
- Substandard news from Comcast is a real downer. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/26/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 56, p2
The article focuses on the decrease in the stock prices of various cable television networks in the U.S. in October 2007. According to the management of the cable television operator Comcast Corp., increased competition has reduced the number of the operator's subscribers. The prices of...
- Biz bumps tab for TV. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;1/11/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the move of subscription television (TV) providers to increase prices, despite the drops in subscribers. According to a research report by Stanford Bernstein, almost all of the major satellite, cable, and telephone companies that offer TV service are lifting their prices....
- EchoStar Dishes Out 3% Rate Hike. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the 3% average increase on the Dish Network rates of Echostar Communications Corp. The broadcast satellite provider will increase the cost of its "America's Top 120" and "America's Top 180" package by $3. Although it will not increase its "America's Top 60" offering, it...