Subprime Havoc May Change Dolans' Bid
- Dolan family takes Cablevision private. // CED;Jun2007, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the move of the Dolan Family Group to buy and privatize Cablevision Systems Corp. in the U.S. It was cited that the company has formed a company that will buy all outstanding shares of Cablevision that they do not own for $ 36.26 per share in cash. The Dolan Family Group...
- ASSESSING THE VALUE OF A STRATEGIC ACQUISITION. Luecal, Scott; Fricke, David // Management Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p2
Discusses the process of determining a fair acquisition price. Assessment of the right price of an acquisition; How to determine when to reject a proposed acquisition; Lessons learned from such deals.
- AOL TW not saying no to Cablevision bid. Mermigas, Daine // Electronic Media;05/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p8
Reports the possibility of acquiring Cablevision Systems by AOL Time Warner (TW) in the United States. Role of AT&T Corp. in the acquisition; Union of AOL TW and CableVision cable systems; Claim of AOL TW on merger-related restructuring charge.
- Cablevision acquires TCI. // Crain's New York Business;06/16/97, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p50
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corporation has agreed to purchase Tele-Communications Incorporated. Price of the purchase; What Cablevision will get from the deal.
- Cablevision won't say YES to Hindery. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p3
Reports the impact of the consolidation of Yes Network and Cablevision Systems in New York. Consequence of consolidation; Attribution of estimated 66 million dollars in subscriber fees and nine million dollars advertising to Cablevision; Effect on viewers.
- Briefly Noted. // Electronic Media;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p4
Reports developments in the cable television industry in the United States. Increase in the monthly rates of CableVision Systems Corp.; Third quarter loses of TiVo company; Details on the pending corporate acquisition of Telemundo Communications Group by NBC.
- Cablevision exits Kalamazoo. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/13/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p6
Reports the strategic plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. in New York. Sale of Cablevision Kalamazoo, Michigan system to Charter Communications Corp.; Acquisition of Bresnan Communications Corp. and Avalon Cable by Cablevision; Negotiation with AT&T on the company's metro-Boston systems;...
- Majors ready to deal with new Wiz owner. Christman, Ed // Billboard;05/16/98, Vol. 110 Issue 20, p56
Reports on Nobody Beats the Wiz's acquirement by Cablevision Systems on February 10, 1998. Negotiations with majors in an attempt to get back to normal buying terms; Concern among majors about Cablevision's strength.
- When success leads to failure. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/26/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 51, p16A
The author reflects on the developments at the American cable television company, Cablevision Systems Corp. in the U.S. He looks into the shareholders' rejection of the Dolan Family's $36.26 bid to take the company private. He also highlights the embarrassing acquisition of the Wiz electronics...