EVENTS REVEAL TRANSATLANTIC TRAINING TRENDS
- Training 101: Meaningful Meetings. Rohr, Ellen // Roofing Contractor;Jan2007, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p92
The article offers tips on manpower training. A key guideline in the development of a workforce system is the creation of training programs. Meetings may serve as an effective strategy to communicate information needed which would result into a successful company. The purpose of a weekly company...
- Training Budgets Said To Be Withstanding Companies' Economic Troubles. Fox, Andrienne // HR Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p32
Highlights the 2003 American Society for Training & Development International Conference & Exposition in San Diego, California on May 19, 2003 on the training budgets of companies. Investment of Sprint in education; Reason for the negative attitude toward learning function as a revenue...
- CHART event tackles training budget cuts. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;8/10/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the plan of the restaurant trainers and human resources managers in the U.S. on how to cut cost in their training program and improve customer relations. Raising these issues at the 78th annual Hospitality Training Conference, they are looking for inexpensive ways to keep...
- The 'p' word. Eyre, Elizabeth; Kornacki, Martin // Training Journal;Aug2009, p19
Information about the third TJ conference regarding the importance of insight, learning and application, is presented. Topics include demonstrating how real openness to ideas can work, how to design a training exercise that rocks, and the different methods organizations have used to achieve...
- Trainers learn rules of engagement. Manocha, Rima // People Management;5/6/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p11
Discusses the various personnel management issues that emerged in the 2004 HRD Conference in Great Britain. Development of emotional and motivational element of training; Reflection of learning intervention on all aspects of business; Creation of a thinking environment; Changes in the delivery...
- YOUR SAY. // People Management;5/6/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p11
Highlights the dominant training topics of various delegates at the 2004 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Human Resource Development Conference in Great Britain. Shorter and innovative training periods; Reflection of training on the different divisions of an organization;...
- Future workforce. Goldberg, Beverly // Executive Excellence;Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p4
Discusses the importance of training and retraining employees to meet the demands of jobs that will need to be filled in the 21st century. Amount invested by major companies in employee training programs; Need for lifelong learning to become part of the culture.
- Selecting a Training Program For New Trainers. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1983, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p96
Focuses on factors considered by training directors when choosing an appropriate program for new trainers. Popularity of the in-house train-the-trainer program; Basic competencies necessary for the inexperienced instructor to perform as an effective trainer; Instructor competencies.
- Maximize Training Dollars. Dotson, Connie // Quality;Jun2002, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p8
Discusses suggestions to manufacturers to increase the rewards on workforce training investment. U.S. companies' budget for formal training; Number one mistake made by companies when they set up training programs; Suggestion before assigning employees to a particular training course.