- Taking Their Seat in the Boardroom. Drinker, Nicholas // Business NH Magazine;May2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p44
Discusses the increasingly pivotal role played by human resource (HR) executives in senior management teams. Businesspeople's better understanding of human capital; Changes in technology that have changed the way HR executives are perceived by their organizations; Ways HR executives can gain the...
- HR in the Boardroom. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p16
Comments on the role played by human resource (HR) professionals in corporate boards. Issues and concerns faced by corporate boards; Type of people needed in corporate boards; Relationship between HR executives and compensation committees.
- Â¿Hay recetas en direcciÃ³n? Rovira, Mercedes // IEEM Revista de Negocios;10/01/2012, p80
No abstract available.
- Getting to the boardroom? Dulewicz, Victor // Personnel Today;5/6/2003, p37
Looks at what human resource (HR) managers can do gain a seat in the board. Skills possessed by HR managers; Contributions that HR managers can make to business planning.
- Letters. King, Mike; James, Lloyd; Crampton, Colin; Chapman, Paul; Davidson, Ian; Fielding, Jane; Scarlett, Laura; Rose, Ted // Director;Jul2004, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p8
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics related to directors of corporations and corporate governance, discussed in previous issues of the magazine "Director." Characteristics of an ideal boss; "This Time It's Personnel," which focused on the importance of staff...
- DHL's long haul. Crush, Peter // Human Resources (09648380);Aug2009, p24
The article provides information on the human resources (HR) director at global delivery firm DHL International GmbH Scott Northcutt when the regional chief executive officers of a multi-country organization were asked what they think of him. He sets to work on the organization's talent...
- Do Your Managers Have the Right Stuff? Simonsen, Peggy // Workforce (10928332);Aug99, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p47
Discusses the role of human resources professionals in developing an effective manager. Information on a study which identified and defined the `emerging worker'; Business role of a developmental manager; Characteristic of a developmental manager; Four critical competencies used in career...
- Strategic Human Resource Management: Implications for Training Human Resource Professionals. Baird, Lloyd; Meshoulam, Ilan // Training & Development Journal;Jan1984, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p76
Describes the role of the human resource manager. Implication of strategic human resource management on training human resource professionals; Factors influencing the role of human resource managers.
- SCALING DIZZY HEIGHTS. Ball, Sarah // Employee Benefits;Apr2003, p28
Explores the roles of benefits or personnel directors in the boardroom. Non-executive roles of benefits directors; Findings of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development's report concerning the extent of chief executive officers' (CEOS) knowledge of, and believe in, the role of progressive...