- Good hiring is essential to assembling a great staff. Scheck, Anne // Ophthalmology Times;10/01/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p66
Focuses on the pointers for assembling an efficient office staff. Factors for job satisfaction; Importance of having good interpersonal relations; Utilization of employment agencies.
- PERSON CHARACTERISTIC VERSUS ROLE CONGRUENCY EXPLANATIONS FOR ASSESSMENT CENTER RATINGS. Russell, Craig J. // Academy of Management Journal;Dec1987, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p817
The article presents information on the use of personal characteristics and the role congruency explanations for assessment center ratings. A discussion is presented about the moral and ethical implications of the explanations for development of a theory of managerial selection. Details related...
- A warm welcome or full of empty promises? Weekes, Sue // Recruiter;3/3/2010, p29
The article discusses the role of onboarding during the adjustment period of newly hired employees in Great Britain. According to a research conducted by the Corporate Leadership Council, effective onboarding have a 20% impact in promoting employee engagement and realizes the importance of job,...
- Talent Management and Recessions. Britt, Margaret // Leadership & Organizational Management Journal;2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 4, p93
The article discusses the significance and association of talent management to recessions. It notes that talented employee selection, training and retention are critical for any organization's survival and leadership. It points out that high performing employees in the government lead to better...
- Is the Time Right for Impairment Testing? Beck, Evelyn // Workforce;Feb2001, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p68
Encourages human resource professionals to use performance-based testing, an impairment testing measures on whether or not an employee is alert enough for work. Advantage of the program over drug testing; Information on drug testing; Obstacle in implementing the program.
- ARE TWO BIRDS IN HAND WORTH MORE THAN ONE IN THE BUSH: THE CASE OF PAIRED EMPLOYEES. Werbel, James D.; Hames, David S. // Human Resource Management Review;Winter92, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p317
Discusses the reduction of the potential disadvantages of paired employees through relatively conventional personnel practices. Potential negative and positive consequences of paired employees; Policies on employee selection, promotion and reassignment; Policies on performance appraisal and...
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT. McBain, Richard // Henley Manager Update;Spring2002, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p19
Provides information on human resource management in the U.S. Trends in employee selection; Elements of job interviews; Ways to encourage women in management; Correlation between dissatisfaction and employee turnover.
- Eight Ways to Recruit Today's Best Teenagers. Whiting, Ken // BusinessWest;7/7/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
The article presents the best ways on how to effectively recruit teens for business management in the U.S. The techniques include using visual communication, keeping application process short with sufficient information, keeping online application process available, considering virtual world...
- Personnel Selection Method Based on Personnel-Job Matching. Li Wang; Xilin Hou; Lili Zhang // International Journal of Business Administration;Jan2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p105
The existing personnel selection decisions in practice are based on the evaluation of job seeker's human capital, and it may be difficult to make personnel-job matching and make each party satisfy. Therefore, this paper puts forward a new personnel selection method by consideration of bilateral...