RED ALERT OVER LOOKS BIAS
- legal news for supervisors. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;9/21/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 177, p3
The article discusses several court cases for supervisors including the case of a worker who acquired a police record, a gender discrimination lawsuit against BP PLC, and a case involving sexual harassment from a consensual relationship at workplace.
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT. Tanick, Marshall H. // Bench & Bar of Minnesota;Dec2011, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p48
The article offers information about the court case LaMont v. Independent School District #728 in Minnesota which related to the designation of sexual harassment of women and gender discrimination in the workplace in court cases under the Human Rights Act in Minnesota.
- Avoid Costly Lawsuits: Reduce the risk of expensive legal costs for sex harassment and discrimination. Perry, Phillip M. // Aqua;Aug2011, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p20
The article offers tips on how companies can avoid sexual harassment and discrimination cases in the U.S. It mentions that business enterprises can avoid these cases by giving due diligence in implementing gender-free practices in employment. Moreover, it suggests that companies should not take...
- DFW-area firm settles harassment suit for $60,000. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Nov2009, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the settlement agreed by Greater Metroplex Interiors and the complainant Luanda Puente for sexual harassment in Texas. Puente filed a sexual harassment and gender discrimination complaint against the company, after she was fired from her job. The firm argues that did not...
- "Bagging" or "Goosing": How the Courts are Ruling in Same-Sex Sexual Harassment Claims. Kirk, Delaney J.; Clapham, Maria M. // Labor Law Journal;Jul96, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p403
Examines how the courts are ruling in same-sex sexual harassment claims. Bagging and goosing as indignation in employee relations; Absence of Supreme Court ruling concerning same-sex sexual harassment; Sexual harassment equivalent to sex discrimination; Employers' role in the prevention of...
- When sexual harassment is a foreign affair. Hardman, Wendy; Heidelberg, Jacqueline // Personnel Journal;Apr96, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p91
Discusses how American multinational firms can build sexual harassment-free and sexual-discrimination-free business relationships. Includes training employees about cultural differences before international assignments; Definition of sexual harassment by American and host-country standards;...
- Bitter fruits. Ward, Olivia // New Internationalist;May96, Issue 279, p3
Focuses on the reality of sexual harassment and discrimination, which most women in Vorkuta, Artic Russia face, especially when trying to get a job. Reference to a situation with a girl named Natasha, who moved to Vorkuta to live; Comparison to women in the West of Russia; What was Natasha's...
- Harassment: It's not just about sex. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/25/2013, Issue 324722, p30
The article focuses on several forms of sexual harassment and discrimination in employment including the use of genetic information, transgender issues, and political and religious affiliations.
- Sexual harassment in the workplace. Pedone, Rose-Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/02/98, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p23
Discusses sexual harassment in the workplace in the United States. Recognition of sexual harassment as a form of sex discrimination; Criteria for a claim of quid pro quo harassment; Advice for companies to prevent sexual harassment claims; Tips in creating sexual harassment policies.