STAY ON THE SAFE SIDE OF NEW LAW
- Employee Car Accidents: Is the Employer Liable? Shaw, Jennifer Brown // Venulex Legal Summaries;2006 Q2, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "Employee Car Accidents: Is the Employer Liable," which appeared in the May 17, 2006 edition of the "Daily Recorder" periodical. It discusses the liability of employers if their employee is in an automobile accident under California laws. The state...
- Law & liability. // American Machinist;Jun2001, Vol. 145 Issue 6, p48
Presents two legal briefs on industrial related accidents in the United States. Liability of a plant owner for construction worker's injury; Entitlement of an injured worker to trial against forklift manufacturer.
- Unhappy hour. Segal, Martin E. // ABA Journal;May95, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p56
Reports that there is no consensus on employer liability in cases involving injuries caused by drunken employees. Liability theory on employer breach of duty to control employee's conduct at social function; Doctrine of respondeat superior; Case study of Carroll Air Systems, Inc. v. Greenbaum;...
- Labor law for supervisors. Zachary, Mary-Kathryn // Supervision;Feb2000, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on some cases wherein employers face significant liability for placing employees in situations with the potential of causing them serious injury. Information on substantial fines from an array of federal and state government enforcement agencies; Details on civil penalties; Violations...
- A Job Offer Hastily Withdrawn. // Cortlandt Forum;3/25/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p92
Discusses the liability of physician-employers from withdrawal of an employment offer in the U.S. Claim on lost wages; Argument of the plaintiff lawyer on dismissal of the case from use of basis of existing law; Decision of the appeals court.
- Protected conversations will not allow employers to discriminate, says minister. // Employers Law;Dec2011/Jan2012, p4
The article reports that protected conversations will not shield employers from discrimination claims.
- Employer Liability After Hours. McPartlin, Marie M. // Business NH Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p59
Details on the liability of employers to compensation claims under the employment law of New Hampshire. Basis for the employers' liability after work hours; Responsibility of employers to alcohol-related accidents of employees; Implications for minimizing potential liability.
- How employers can avoid costly ERISA litigation. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/16/98, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p7
Offers advice on how employers in Connecticut can absolve themselves of legal liability in cases related to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Trends in a series of state court decisions; Fiduciary responsibility; ERISA exemptions. INSET: ERISA's 'simple' rules.
- Lawyers: More suits coming. Aldred, Carolyn // Business Insurance;12/21/98, Vol. 32 Issue 51, p39
Focuses on lawyers' claim that European employers are likely to face increasing employment practices claims from disgruntled employees as a result of changing European Union work laws. Employer liability issues as important agendas in the risk management; Provisions under the Working Time...