Go undercover to beat bullies
- HR 'fails to protect staff from bullying' Roberts, Zoe // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the failure of human resource departments to protect employees from institutionalized bullying in Great Britain according to a research. Comments from Andreas Liefooghe, lecturer in organizational psychology at Birkbeck College in London, England.
- Online mentor. // People Management;Sep2013, p53
The article provides answers to a question of what a human resources (HR) professional can do when the bully is his own head of HR.
- Someone to lean on. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;12/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p32
Focuses on bullying in the British workplace. Criticisms against the failure of some British companies to address the problem; Results of a study of workplace bullying conducted by researchers at the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology; Types of bullying behavior. ...
- Beat the BULLY. Yeung, Rob; Cooper, David // Accountancy;Jan2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1301, p38
Provides a guide in addressing incidents of bullying in the workplace. Evaluation of the psychological effect of bullying; Identification of behavioral manifestations; Role of the human resources department.
- CAREER MASTERCLASS DEAL WITH AN OFFICE BULLY. // Management Today;Nov2010, p15
The article offers tips on how to deal with an office bully in the workplace.
- Should Europe be allowed to dictate working hours? // Human Resources (09648380);Dec2008, p8
The article presents the comments of several executives on whether Europe should be allowed to fix working hours of employees. Recently, The European Social Affairs Committee decided that no employee should be allowed to work more than 48 hours per week. According to Nigel Meager, Director,...
- In my opinion. Cooper, Cary // Management Today;Jun99, p14
Comments on the importance of dealing with workplace bullies. Prevalence of bullying; Demeaning and humiliation of individuals; Criticism of minor mistakes; Influence of personal insecurities; Inability to cope with the demands of their jobs; Damage on employees' health; Adverse effect on...
- Equal Opportunities. // People Management;10/1/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p14
Presents news briefs on workplace management. Anti-bullying policy launched by Rolls Royce Aerospace; Definition of bullying from trade unions; How to improve employment opportunities for Afro-American and Asian people.
- CHANGING TIMES. // HR Professional;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including mental health status in workplace, workplace bullying and human resource management improvement.