Minorities face the glass cliff
- UK plc must invest more in diversity. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;7/13/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p9
The article reports on the failure of British firms to invest in diversity, according to a research conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Such firms only provide senior management support to a diversity policy after recognising the value it could add to the business....
- Climbing the glass staircase. Cheese, Peter // People Management;Mar2015, p5
The author discusses the lack of diversity within the workforce in Great Britain and professional association Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) efforts to promote diversity. Topics include details on the lack of women employees and women executives, details on companies'...
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;11/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p11
Presents updates on personnel management in Great Britain as of October 25, 2001. Plan of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development to launch a book for human resource managers; Information on the diversity champion scheme launched by gay pressure group Stonewall; Investigation ordered...
- The conference value pack. DiVito, Lisa // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p57
Presents an overview of the events that form part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) development strategy. Details of a conference on learning and development; Actions taken by the CIPD to ensure that the events match the customers' needs; Aim of the events.
- Inside the box. Purcell, John; Kinnie, Nick; Hutchinson, Sue; Rayton, Bruce // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p30
Presents information on a research commissioned by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development on a link between the way people are managed and business performance in Great Britain. Methodology used; Challenges faced by several human resource (HR) organizations; Implications for the...
- Institute comes under fire for the value it adds to HR. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p18
Reports on the opinion of several human resources (HR) managers on role of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in development of HR in Great Britain. Lack of quality in HR events organized by CIPD compared to other institution; Failure of the institute for providing...
- Support for CIPD as the debate on its role continues to rumble. Sloman, Martyn; Stewart, Jim; Comer, Sarah; Pryce, Tirion // Personnel Today;3/18/2003, p16
Focuses on the services provided by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. Need to challenge the claim of CIPD on lack of access to its research programmes; Availability of research information on website; High charges for availing the services of the CIPD...
- Winning ways. // People Management;Oct2011, p7
The author considers the entries for human resources (HR) practices, judged for the annual Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management Awards, to be revealed on October 11, 2011.
- Gibraltar HR first to up its game with certificate. Churchard, Claire // People Management;5/20/2010, p8
The article reports that some human resource (HR) professionals in Gibraltar took the Certificate in HR Practice (CHRP), a qualification being offered by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in 2010.