End in sight for EAP tax row
- 'No tax on EAPs' protest wins a government hearing. Brockett, James // People Management;6/28/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p11
The article reports that the campaign for employee assistance programs to maintain tax free status has been awarded a hearing by the British Department for Work and Pensions. Eric Marshall, chairman of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association, has been invited to present their case....
- Employee assistance programmes. Barrett, Sam // Employee Benefits;Jan2007, p51
The article discusses the different employee assistant programs (EAP) in Great Britain. It provides information on EAP including the cost, legal implications and tax issues. It also cites importance of EAP on employee's wellbeing. A list of EAP providers and annual spending of organizations from...
- Value of EAPs is rising. McDonald, Jessica // Credit Union Magazine;Jan2002, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p25
Focuses on the growth of employee assistance programs (EAP) in the United States as of January 2002. Why companies offer EAP; Ways in which an EAP boosts employee performance and support; Questions to ask from potential EAP providers.
- WHY WORK/LIFE AND EAP SHOULD BE INTEGRATED. Stein, Sharon A. // Behavioral Health Management;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on the benefits of the integration of employee assistance programs (EAP) and work/life services. Advantages of EAP to employers; Integration of preventive programs for employee services; Key advantages of the integration program to employees.
- More employers embracing EAPs. Rosenberg, Lee Fletcher // Business Insurance;6/25/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p10
Reports on the growing number of businesses that offer employee assistance programs (EAP) in the United States. Services included in the programs; Benefits derived by businesses from providing EAP; Companies that provide EAP.
- Employee Assistance Programs: Making the Right Connections. Helms, Ned // Business NH Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p41
Focuses on employee assistance programs (EAP), worksite-based programs designed to help companies address production issues as well as help employees identify and resolve personal problems that are impacting their job performance. Referral services provided by EAPs; List of EAPs in New Hampshire.
- BUYER'S GUIDE employee assistance programmes. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;Mar2003, p45
Reports on the increasing number of businesses adopting employee assistance programs (EAP) in Great Britain. Benefits provided by EAP to employers; Ways by which EAP helps prevent absenteeism; Features of EAP. INSETS: THE FACTS;IN PRACTICE;NITTY GRITTY.
- Stress breaker. Page, Leigh // Crain's Chicago Business;02/01/99, Vol. 22 Issue 5, pSR1
Emphasizes the importance of employee assistance programs (EAP) for American companies that want balanced, productive workers. Illustration of how workers have come to rely on companies' employee assistance programs; Impact of EAP on the financial performance of a company; Non-work problems...
- Aid and comfort. Griffith, Joseph P. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p17
Describes the growing importance of employee assistance programs (EAPs) of in the United States. Short-term solution to help keep employees on the job through temporary crises; Evolution of EAPs; Types of programs; Common problems being addressed by the programs.