Flight Centre sells offsets
- Forgive my carbon sin. Peck, Jules // Ecologist;May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p30
This article discusses efforts to establish a market in carbon dioxide emissions, and the challenges facing those efforts. It discusses efforts by companies including Carbon Neutral Co. and Climate Care to market carbon offsets, by which companies pay a third party to capture emissions. The...
- CO2 offset confusion is rife. // Travel Weekly (UK);8/29/2008, p7
The article offers information about researches that suggest that consumers are confused about carbon offsetting. A survey by Expedia has concluded that only one in three adults understands offsetting. TUI Travel company is focusing on projects to make offsetting accessible. ClimateCare director...
- UK eyed by Flight Centre. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/16/2003, Issue 2568, p6
No abstract available.
- Flight Centre eyes growth. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/8/2004, Issue 2604, p6
Reports on British independent travel agent Flight Centre's plan to continue its high street expansion plans.
- FC agents ride the Silk railway. // Travel Daily;10/16/2012, p5
The article reports on the Flight Centre Ltd. agents who were given the chance to experience high performing operation in the form of the Silk Road overland railway in Great Britain.
- Flight Centre, Southland Shopping Centre, Cheltenham, Vic. // Travel Weekly Australia;Mar2013, Issue 201, p13
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of visiting the travel agency Flight Centre Ltd., situated at Southland Shopping Centre in Cheltenham, Victoria.
- Ain't nothing upsetting about carbon offsetting. Corderoy, Amy // Travel Weekly Australia;8/8/2008, Issue 94, p16
The article focuses on carbon offsetting, a process which calculates the amount of carbon emitted by transport vehicles and reverse it. It mentions travel companies such as Peregrine Adventures and Intrepid Travel which use offset specialist companies Climate Friendly and Climate Care. John...
- Flight Centre aims to boost sales by 20pc. Prior, Louise // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/2/2003, Issue 2566, p33
No abstract available.
- Top Shop Manchester. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/17/2007, Issue 2780, p26
The article assesses the performance of several travel agencies in Manchester, England. The author evaluated the companies based on their ability to book a two-week family holiday in Florida in January. The author gave Flight Centre at Oxford Road a 77 percent rating, while Thomson in Arndale...