Researcher's Early Work Fuels Quest For RF Safety Answers
- Linearized RF detector spans 50-to-1 V range. Kuzdrall, James A. // Electronic Design;6/27/94, Vol. 42 Issue 13, Special Analog Issue p63
Describes how to eliminate voltage drops in radio-frequency detectors. Addition of dc voltage drop of a diode to the output of an op-amp stage; Calibration steps; Equipment required.
- UHF/UWB Antenna Supports Indoor Tracking. // Microwaves & RF;Mar2013, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p34
The article focuses on a design for indoor real-time location systems combining high-resolution ultrawideband (UWB) impulse radio with ultra-high-frequency (UHF) radio frequency identification (RFID) systems proposed by a team from Portugal's Technical University of Lisbon.
- Up in the air. Saxon, Marc // Popular Electronics;Jul95, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p86
Reports on developments regarding radio-frequency scanning in the United States. Includes the features of the BearTracker BCT-7 from Uniden America Corp.; Frequencies used by the US Navy's Blue Angels; Availability of the `Air-Scan Guide to Aeronautical Communications, 6th Edition,' from CRB...
- Radio-frequency spectrum is a precious resource. Harris, Larry // Army Communicator;Fall95, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p48
Focuses on the increasing demand for radio frequency spectrum. Characteristics of the radio-frequency spectrum; Conflict between government agencies and the private sector regarding radio frequency allocation; Effect of constraints on radio frequency to national security; Need for military...
- The effect of radio frequency plasma processing reactor circuitry on plasma characteristics. Rauf, Shahid; Kushner, Mark J. // Journal of Applied Physics;5/15/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p5087
Provides information on the investigation of the electrical characteristics of radio frequency plasma processing reactors. Indepth look at the description of the circuit model; Examination of real time control strategies for plasma processing reactors; Detailed information on nonlinear circuit...
- Radio potpourri. Carr, Joseph J. // Popular Electronics;Jul96, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p62
Offers solutions to technical problems related to radio frequency waves. Length of transmitting antenna for audio frequencies; Use of frequency-converter circuits for converting radio frequency signals to intermediate frequency.
- The rise and fall of the TRF. Ellis, Marc // Popular Electronics;Jun97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p60
Presents information on tuned radio frequency or the TRF models. Reasons for the TRF dominance; Why the regenerative sets did not become more common; Advantage in using three tuned circuits; The TRF design problem; Neutrodyne; History of the TRF.
- Shortwave Guide. // Monitoring Times;Jun2013, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p30
The article provides a list of shortwave radio frequencies with target areas that include Africa, The Americas, and Asia.
- Coaxial feedthrough uses are not limited to RF. Comello, Vic // R&D Magazine;Dec97, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p61
Presents information on coaxial vacuum feedthroughs with reference to radio frequency capabilities. What these feedthroughs has to offer; Comments from Peter Ingemi, director of marketing at Insulator Seal Incorporated; Reference to Galileo Electro-Optics Corporation.