Extranets: A Future E-commerce Path
- Are IP VPN extranets the answer? Webb, Richard // Telecommunications - International Edition;May2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on the business-to-business networks of IP VPN extranets. Adequacy of network solutions to have permanent connection to affiliates and customers; Extension of corporate network via Internet to business partners; Creation of virtual connectivity between sites in an IP VPN. INSET: Types...
- How do you spell VPN? Bradner, Scott // Network World;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p34
Presents information on virtual private networks (VPN) in relation to computer networks. Types of VPN's; Information on Internet Protocol-based tunneling; Purpose of VPNs.
- Security protocols establish safe VPNs. Henry, Neil // Network World;07/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p35
Presents information on virtual private networks (VPN) in relation to its security standards. Information on IP Security (IPSec), a Layer 3 protocol suite; Function of Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP); What is tunneling; How to create the virtual circuit; What LSTP offers. INSET: How it works.
- Accessible information. Workman, Bradley E. // Buildings;May98, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p32
Highlights the use of extranets in the process of engineering office buildings, airports and manufacturing facilities. Definition of extranet; How to access an extranet; Advantages of project extranets; Use of project extranet during the design phase; Information on electronic signature.
- Extranets. // Inter@ctive Week;12/15/97, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p47
Presents information on Extranets technology. Deployment of an Extranet data management system by Brigham Young University; Combined effort of Intelligent Environments Incorporated and Solver-Stream Software Incorporated; Shipment of another generation of the eService software of Silknet...
- Will IP video lead the VPN invasion? // Business Communications Review;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p10
No abstract available.
- This year, extranets become practical for everyone. Dowdie, Dale // Network World;02/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p46
Opinion. Focuses on extranets. How the use of extranet is benefitting small businesses; Definition of an extranet; Price of putting a catalog online.
- Extranets: The keys to the corporate kingdom? Pincince, Thomas J. // Network World;02/16/98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p29
Presents information on extranets with reference to generating revenue through the Internet computer network. Details on the building of Intranets; Benefits of using extranets; How businesses should select service providers.
- N+I show-goers want more from VPNs. Greene, Tim // Network World;05/11/98, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p6
Focuses on virtual private network products (VPN) which was showcased at NetWorld+Interop 98. Comments made by Jody Cohn, a LAN/WAN administrator for Weider Publications Incorporated; Details on the affiliation of VPN vendors; Insight on products. INSET: VPN wish list.
- Extranet saves lawyer time, money. Jones, Kevin // Inter@ctive Week;08/11/97, Vol. 4 Issue 27, p30
Focuses on the extranet service, called Castlelink, which can assist real estate lawyers in property transactions. How the extranet service benefits lawyers; Comments from Steve Slaw, a real estate attorney.